Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Hilton has done something interesting, funny and newsworthy. Seriously.

• 06-08-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Paris Hilton has made a video in response to John McCain using her image in one of his attack ads on Obama. Wait, don't turn away! It's funny stuff. Seriously.

Here's the link. Unfortunately I can't seem to embed it cos it's not a YouTube video. Anyone know how to do it?

In it she explains why she's going for president ("That wrinkly white-haired guy used me in his campaign ad which I guess means I'm running for president. So thanks for the endorsement white-haired dude"), puts forward a really good plan to solve the energy crisis, albeit after reading a mag article on where the best place to go to get a tan is ("Maui. Loves it!") and goes to pick out a vice-president ("I'm thinking Rhianna").

She's gone up a notch in my book. Granted that puts her at notch one, but still. Bravo Ms. Hilton.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The only newsworthy thing that that girl could do that would redeem her in my eyes is die roaring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Darn, she's not dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Wow she's even more orange than usual! Must admit that was clever though (even if she probably didn't come up with one word of it herself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Fair play to her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Who would have thought the young girl to have so much spunk in her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Wow she's even more orange than usual! Must admit that was clever though (even if she probably didn't come up with one word of it herself)

For all the bad things people say about her (and she deserves it), she is a very intelligent business woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Teferi wrote: »
    she is a very intelligent business woman.

by making herself ditzy and dumb?
    This Paris video comes after an onslaught of Mc Cain propoganda claiming Obama was just another vacuous, popular celebrity with no actual political substance like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson.
    These are the most popular female US celebrities beacuse they are blonde,unthreatening ditzes, How the US likes its women. There is nothing smart or intelligent about seemingly confirming an unfair charicature of your gender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

panda100 wrote: »
    by making herself ditzy and dumb?

Excactly.

Instead of hiding away she courted her sex tape, made some intelligent moves into tv shows that a particular audience would like, endorsed particular products, tried to trademark (or copyright, I can't remember) "Thats Hot" etc.

All intelligent business moves while still acting the dumb blonde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What a retard.

Doesn't she realise it's just sad when people take the piss out of themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Oh Jeb Bartlett, If only you would run for a third term...

Advertisement