Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jameson Single Cask

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

They had it for sale in the distillery shop in Midleton when I was down there a few weekends ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

shanel23 wrote: »
    They had it for sale in the distillery shop in Midleton when I was down there a few weekends ago.

Do you know how much it was in the distillery shop?

Actually, I rang the Midleton distillery this morning and they do not have such a bottle. I does look like the bottles they have there, though, but they're all Midleton bottlings.

Anyway, before this thread had even gone up, I had already bought the whiskey on thewhiskyexhcange. That is some coincidence.

Brockagh wrote: »
    Actually, I rang the Midleton distillery this morning and they do not have such a bottle. I does look like the bottles they have there, though, but they're all Midleton bottlings.

Anyway, before this thread had even gone up, I had already bought the whiskey on thewhiskyexhcange. That is some coincidence.

Could have sworn I say it there but there you go . Do you plan on keeping it or sampling it ?

Could have sworn I say it there but there you go . Do you plan on keeping it or sampling it ?

I think I'll keep it. I can't really afford to drink this kind of whiskey. I don't even know why I collect whiskey, but there you go. I do drink a lot of it, but at this price...

They said in thewhiskyexchange.com that this was not produce for commerical sale, so maybe it was used as gifts for workers etc.

Anyway, it would easily be mistaken for one of the Midletons, like the Midleton 25 or the Midleton 27.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Out of interest, how much did you pay for it Brockah?

Out of interest, how much did you pay for it Brockah?

I'll pm you with the price I paid.

I have since heard that there were 150 of these made. They were given to people celebrating some Midleton event and never went on sale generally. Judging by the amount of Midleton 20th anniversary produced and the price of that, I got a "bargain".

My apologies. You are actually correct. They have it there, but it's not for sale. It's on display, I believe. David from www.irishwhiskeynotes.com supplied me with some info about it.

My apologies. You are actually correct. They have it there, but it's not for sale. It's on display, I believe. David from www.irishwhiskeynotes.com supplied me with some info about it.

I'm glad my eyes were'nt decieving me :) But you're correct it was on display and not for sale - reckon you got a good bargain there ! - bought a bottle of Magilligan 1991 limited reserve( Sherry finish ) at the weekend in the Kilkenny wine centre - nice shop . They also have a good selection of Midleton very rare for sale ( 2004 ,2005 ,2006 and the current 2007 ) - Interestingly the 06 was more expensive than the 05

I'm glad my eyes were'nt decieving me :) But you're correct it was on display and not for sale - reckon you got a good bargain there ! - bought a bottle of Magilligan 1991 limited reserve( Sherry finish ) at the weekend in the Kilkenny wine centre - nice shop . They also have a good selection of Midleton very rare for sale ( 2004 ,2005 ,2006 and the current 2007 ) - Interestingly the 06 was more expensive than the 05

I suppose Midleton have put the price up since the '05, so they would have bought that stock at the cheaper price. The Midletons have been getting better over the years. I think their aged stock may have peaked, though. Younger whiskey may go into it over the coming years.

• Advertisement

I suppose Midleton have put the price up since the '05, so they would have bought that stock at the cheaper price. The Midletons have been getting better over the years. I think their aged stock may have peaked, though. Younger whiskey may go into it over the coming years.

Also they are marketing it massively and producing a lot more bottles of it every year . I have seen a '97 in the Celticwhiskeyshop for 285 I think . I have a '96 and I'm on the lookout for a '98 for sentimental reasons.

Advertisement