Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please, videographer

Options
  • 06-08-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi lads, im looking for advice on what to ask a videographer about his equipment, and a lay-mans dictionary on some of the lingo.
    thinking of using a croud called filmme to do my wedding, but really i should be asking questions about audio and picture quality, for which i know zip,

thanks a million,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Deano045

hey simplest thing to do is ask for a copy of a wedding they'v done before, then you'll see the quality you'll be getting,

check my website www.undertheshadow.com, and go to my wedding packages page

and feel free to contact me

Cheers
    Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

my take on this is simple, to get the best out of your wedding DVD, you need to be comfortable and the videographer needs to be comfortable with you..

So I suggest that you ask for a current sample of a wedding.
    if you are happy with it then ask if your wedding will be shot to the same standards/ approx duration etc. as the sample.. ask to hold onto the sample to show friends.

if you try and get technical then you might find yourself out of your depth..
    Ask him to do a good job as its your special day and tell him you will feed him.. (very important is food)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

ask them how many camera's will be used to shoot the wedding. Most of them use one camera - taking the P really - 2 cameras would be useful for capturing reaction shots etc.. . You'll have to work with them to get the video you want. i.e. should they come and film you at the practice, hair saloon, the house for getting ready - the groom arrival etc. Find out how much of the ceremony they will use on the final dvd - do you really want to sit through the readings / gospel and all the other boring stuff. If you want to hear the church singers that you've probably splashed out on make sure that it appears on the final dvd. How long they will stay at the reception - toss the bouquet etc... make sure they don't leg it after the first dance. Your probably paying alot of dosh for the dvd so don't just settle for the bog standard stuff - make them work for the money. If you're going somewhere special for the photos, let the videographer know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

if youd want two cameras your looking at stupid money... same with the extra day of filming you doing your hair...
    they should do a recce tho of what they will be filming

i would ask them about the audio tho... how they are going to do it.. it will sound ****e if its the cameras mic make sure he used wireless mics on the couple and priest, and maybe one for the singers (if there is one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

thanks guys,

i was just wondering is there some sort of digital audio recording magic machine, wherby if a baby starts crying or something in the background it can be faded out??, nearly booked video but not 100% sure about quality of audio yet,

• Advertisement

thanks guys,

i was just wondering is there some sort of digital audio recording magic machine, wherby if a baby starts crying or something in the background it can be faded out??, nearly booked video but not 100% sure about quality of audio yet,

Yes, ask people to control their kids and keep their babies out of the church !
    I have no interest in who you are booking but I am dying to know how much you are prepared to pay this company for the service.
    And are you the intended Bride or the groom ?

I guess you are not going to answer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joe.inom

thats quite easy , ask the vedio man about his quality of the camera and the resolution , ans alos the framed per second thing , that the fps ,also most importantly ask for the man's past experience.
    if it is not ok , then forcce the man to show you his last very recordings in a ceremony .

San Diego Home Insurance

Advertisement