Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help with 2002 VW!

Options
  • 06-08-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We bought this car in Jan. and it has run great. Suddenly, last night, for no reason, the turn signals quit working properly. When you flip, the hazards come on. Then, after we came back and got back in the car (4 hours later) the tailgate wouldn't lock and power windows wouldn't work. Then, this morning, the locks won't work. Scheduled to take it to a mechanic Monday, but would be interested in knowing the possibilities of where the problem lies and possible costs and---or trouble to fix.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

sounds like a problem with the electrics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What type of VW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

The word VW is enough for me, what badly styled and stupidly engineered cars, they really are an embarrassment to the great German Auto Industry giants of BMW and Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

What kind of VW is it?

Sounds like a problem with the CCU (Central Convenience Unit). In Passats the drains under the battery get blocked by debris etc and the water rises until it reached the top of the bulk head and finds its way into the cabin. Easiest way to find out is by feeling the passenger foot well for dampness. The CCU is located in the passenger footwell (in passats at least) at the lowest point and when it gets damp the electrics do funny things.

Fuse going to my own went around xmas time but until i replaced it had no elec windows, remote c/l etc.

Advertisement