Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practise Mod. You?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

So, in homage to the other practise threads, I wonder do you know of a Practise Mod. Someone who has authority over an area on the internet in which you are interested. Whose authority doesn't need them to know what they are talking about, what you are talking about, or indeed anything but the letter of the sacred Charter

I know you lot can do better with this than I, so please make improvements as you see fit. Meanwhile, mods, do you see yourself here? Posters, is your fave mod to be found in the below?

1 Do you rule with a rod of iron when a feather would do so the mere mortals know you are The Man?

2 Do you gush with pride when Vexorg remarks positively on one of your posts

3 You hurry to the defense of fellow mods in Feedback because some day it may be you?

4 Do you have a beard so posters on an internet forum who can't see you anyway will take you more seriously?

5 Are you just big boned and it's not a physique made from 23:45hrs per day spent on PI

6 Have you favourite posters you'd never infract because they share your interest in >insert topic here<

7 You can't walk because legs are meant to be crossed!

8 You took out a subscription so you could have name changes

9 The forum you moderate is not for splitting

10 You are not and will never be Ruu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Ass Face wrote: »
    No.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I wonder if Overheal's foe list idea was approved would be there be less need for thinly veiled insult threads like this? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

javaboy wrote: »
    I wonder if Overheal's foe list idea was approved would be there be less need for thinly veiled insult threads like this? :D

Dude, not intended to insult anyone

• Advertisement

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Dude, not intended to insult anyone

You should have thought of that BEFORE you posted.
    Some of us here are quite emotional and we can get hurt and insulted very easily...

Some of us here are quite emotional and we can get hurt and insulted very easily...

Do you mean me? How dare you? That is so hurtful and insulting. Men are pigs. :(

Sowie...

*hugs* :o

Sowie...

*hugs* :o

Let's never fight again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

What the hell is going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A practice mod is someone who's a moderator but not of a proper forum (e.g. Transformers) and is using it to perfect their moderating skills until they get a real modship (e.g. AH, Personal Issues). Mordeth is an obvious success story (Discworld to After Hours).

And don't tell me I did the reverse because Alt&Indie IS a proper forum :mad:

Dudess wrote: »
    A practice mod is someone who's a moderator but not of a proper forum (e.g. Magic and Illusion) and is using it to perfect their moderating skills until they get a real modship (e.g. AH, Personal Issues). Mordeth is an obvious success story (Discworld to After Hours).

And don't tell me I did the reverse because Alt&Indie IS a proper forum :mad:

FYP

Let's never fight again.

Yeah.... for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

But it doesn't really work like that. It's not a hierarchy of forums...

I'm of the opinion that this thread is made of fail. Bad show nipplenuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I am closing this thread.

Oh wait............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

FYP
    :( javaboy, common sense would have told you that you'll now be turned into a toad or something for that edit... Silly boy...

Dudess wrote: »
    :( javaboy, common sense would have told you that you'll now be turned into a toad or something for that edit... Silly boy...

Pfft.... If I remember rightly there was a thread about magic trick sharing in Feedback from some amateur magic man in which in came out that a certain recently made mod of M&I doesn't even have magic powers.

/awaits inevitable admin meddling with my avatar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Fail thread, fails !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

nipplenuts wrote: »
    So, in homage to the other practise threads, I wonder do you know of a Practise Mod. Someone who has authority over an area on the internet in which you are interested. Whose authority doesn't need them to know what they are talking about, what you are talking about, or indeed anything but the letter of the sacred Charter

I know you lot can do better with this than I, so please make improvements as you see fit. Meanwhile, mods, do you see yourself here? Posters, is your fave mod to be found in the below?

1 Do you rule with a rod of iron when a feather would do so the mere mortals know you are The Man?

2 Do you gush with pride when Vexorg remarks positively on one of your posts

3 You hurry to the defense of fellow mods in Feedback because some day it may be you?

4 Do you have a beard so posters on an internet forum who can't see you anyway will take you more seriously?

5 Are you just big boned and it's not a physique made from 23:45hrs per day spent on PI

6 Have you favourite posters you'd never infract because they share your interest in >insert topic here<

7 You can't walk because legs are meant to be crossed!

8 You took out a subscription so you could have name changes

9 The forum you moderate is not for splitting

10 You are not and will never be Ruu

Heh heh, scutthered myself here on the nettie with the lappie reading that,fcukin splashback has contaminated the keyboard,and pasted the underside of the cluster a dark burnt ochre.

You genius!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If the first thread wasn't funny, what made you think this would be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lollers

Advertisement