Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in OZ and why.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

and the sunshine.

its nice having more than 3 days in a row of plus 20 degree weather :)

cmon the pies!

Scum! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

i think the resident for tax purposes is 6 months, living in the one place working in the same job...having just recently done my tax return im almost 100% certain its 6 months...

and on where to live, hard to say...Perth is nice on the surface but its a pretty soul less place...hard to call it a city really. Its strange, it has good amenities, nice people and good weather (some of the time - last few months have not been the best) if you're skilled you can get good wages locally but still not as good as at home but thats due to currency more than anything else...

After I see the rest of the country and spend some time working down the east coast i might be able to give some better advice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Melbourne Melbourne all the way guys . Lived in Sydney a while too great party town but Melb would have to be where my heat is .

It's more laid back and chilled out and so much to do and see .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kevbielo

DONT LIVE IN TOWNSVILLE.ITS WEIRD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Me too,im wondering where i should be looking to live.
    My husband has been saying for a year or so now that he would love to up and go,He is going back to college to get some more qualifictions in It.to see what he can do/get there.
    So a family of 6.
    4 kids under 13.
    Will be keeping our home in ireland so looking for a family enviroment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

What's wrong with Townsville in Queensland? I've been there - not a bad place really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

What's wrong with Townsville in Queensland? I've been there - not a bad place really.

I think being there and living there are probably different things.

ah the townsville is a mining town. full of underpayed convicts and crosseyed people.the best thing about the place is the trip to magnetic island.good times over there:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

a mate of mine has a great expression that sums up townsville,

"Wouldnt stop there to Bury my dog"

haha very good, i can picture it on a big bill board.welcome to townsville. dont even stop here to bury your dag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I live n Brizzy but am runnig a job 2 hours drive north of T.Ville. SPent a lot of time i and around TV.

Nothing nice about TV other than the winter weather! Its a real rough spot full of hicks, highly paid miners on week end leave and armed forces. All like a binge drink and a punch up !

Brisbane is a utopia for me. Been to every city and Brizzy just ticked all the boxes. Not as busy as Melb or Sydney and has the most amazing climate which lends to a real chilled out life in an otherwise modern city.

I hop into the car and drive to Byron bay or the Sunshine and Gold coasts on a whim, even in winter........where else...!

Melbourne is great for a w/e get away for us though. Much more cosmopoliton and reminds me of Dublin. I never liked Sydney, Adelaide was quite cool. Like a large friendly town. Perth someone described as souless rings true to me but I did not spend long there so wont judge but god its isolated.......Next stop Darwin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

kevbielo wrote: »
    DONT LIVE IN TOWNSVILLE.ITS WEIRD

Hehe. I lived in Townsville for a month or so. The people are very strange but magnetic island is lovely.

Advertisement