Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have trouble with NTL router

Options
  • 06-08-2008 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

If I download at over 200kb the connection icon goes yellow and I have to reboot the router to get going again, I'm currently connected to it via ethernet cable I dunno if thats causing it, has anyone experienced similar trouble ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

That sounds like a dodgy router to me. I havn't used a NTL router but I have had similar problems with other routers although most of the problems have been a bit less specific than that. Having to reboot 3-4 times a day and a new router (often from a different manufacturer as some routers are really cheap and nasty) fixing the problem and never needing a reboot would not be uncommon.

It shouldn't make any difference using USB or Ethernet but you can try USB if you think it might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I still have the netopia router from eircom I suppose I could give that a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

You might need to call NTL if you use a different router and don't clone the MAC address of the old one. I know NTL did tie the connection to a specific MAC address so if you used another router or replaced like with like the new one wouldn't work, not sure if they still do that?

Advertisement