Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband usage stats mistake

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:07pm

Has anyone noticed that there is an error with Eircom's monthly usage stats? What I mean is that any downloads I do on the last day of the month are being carried over and taken from the next month's download allowance. It's bloody annoying....I always keep under the cap and like to fill out the allowance near the end of the month when I have a surplus.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can I contact Eircom and complain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

I've never checked my monthly usage. But it's a general concencus that Eircom don't care if you go over your monthly limit, they don't charge you or anything :)

I frequently go over the limit, I download way more than 40GB a month, and never had a problem in that regard. So I wouldn't worry about going over your limit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

IMHO, Many business only pay for the basic Eircom Broadband package and I have never heard of any of them being charged extra for exceeding any download cap.

I'm not asking whether they charge for going over the cap. I like to keep to the 20gb I pay for. I like to be honest. What gets me is they're adding last day of the month downloads to the next months total. Sort it out Eircom!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Well if it's bothering you I'd give 'em a ring, and tell them the above.

But they'll probably say, it doesn't matter if you go over the limit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I'm not asking whether they charge for going over the cap. I like to keep to the 20gb I pay for. I like to be honest. What gets me is they're adding last day of the month downloads to the next months total. Sort it out Eircom!:D

Lets be honest. Eircom doesn't give a damn. I suspect if something is wrong with the calculating system then they might not be using it hence the no charge for going over the cap. I know I'm often accused of having too much time on my hands and reading the small print but I think someone else is guilty this time ;)

Now whats the saying??? If it ain't broke don't fix it? I get told that alot aswell :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

I haven't check my usage stats in over 2 years there is no need as eircom don't care or check, I must check my usage to see how much over i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

You to need to restart your router and log on again before midnight on the last day of the month to stop whatever you downloaded since your last router restart being taken into the new month.

Blindpew wrote: »
    You to need to restart your router and log on again before midnight on the last day of the month to stop whatever you downloaded since your last router restart being taken into the new month.

Ah now that sounds about right! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

There was a thread about this just a few days ago. Nothing to worry about. And, as per the sticky (gospel), eircom don't seem to generally charge customers for exceeding their caps.

ethernet wrote: »
    There was a thread about this just a few days ago. Nothing to worry about. And, as per the sticky (gospel), eircom don't seem to generally charge customers for exceeding their caps.

Sorry you don't seem to be able to read. Here let me reiterate for you:

I KNOW EIRCOM DON'T CHARGE FOR GOING OVER THE CAP! THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Forget about it, they don't enforce it at all. They're not worried........so why are you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom along with other ISP's charging and caps is covered in the Charter/FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Don't worry about it, Eircom don't charge for going ov... BANG

:D

I guess you could complain, but do you think it would make any difference? BlindPews advice is probably the best to try if it really annoys you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Sorry you don't seem to be able to read. Here let me reiterate for you:

I KNOW EIRCOM DON'T CHARGE FOR GOING OVER THE CAP! THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED!!!
    Don't be such a twat. Had you made the effort to do a spot of searching, you would have found this thread from a few days ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Big sh!t. It is still a month, just not a calendar month.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Big sh!t.

thank you for adding that insightful comment to the debate.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

Actually you can use the crappy stats as an excuse to finish the contract early, just complain a couple of times :):)

Advertisement