Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cases of Polish beer?

• 06-08-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me where I can buy decent Polish beer by the case at a reasonable price? I'm fairly well clued in when it comes to German and Belgium beer but i haven't a clue about Polish beer.I'm getting an extension built in my house at the moment and its nearly finished.The workers are Polish and they've done a fantastic job and I wanted to get them a couple of cases of Polish beer when they finish.
    Tagged:

Comments

Most big supermarkets sell tyskie,lech and zywiec. I'd go for the zywiec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Realbeer.ie has a number of different ones

http://www.realbeers.ie/shop/prod_origins.aspx?cid=379

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks a lot.So would zywiec be considered the best of the big 3 by the Poles?

PWEI wrote: »
    Thanks a lot.So would zywiec be considered the best of the big 3 by the Poles?

I reckon so,my brother was over in Poland recently and according to him it's very popular over there. I've tried all three and personally found zywiec nicest. Tyskie's ok but I didn't like lech at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

tyskie or zywiec would probably be the best bet!.....most of the polish people i know love tyskie anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Zywiec or Okocim for the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PatCarr

Poland ......:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Zywiec is good.
    Warka if you like strong beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

you can get Polish beer tyskie zywiec lech in every Dunnes Stores , Molloys and in almost all Off licences.

My favourite one is Tyskie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 CK75

Im looking for Warka Strong beer in the South East area of Ireland, cant find it? anyone know a supermarket or off licence where I can buy it???:confused:
    My Polish friend says its the best beer and he cant find it either, Super Valu used to stock it but seem to have run out recently.....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

PWEI wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me where I can buy decent Polish beer by the case at a reasonable price? I'm fairly well clued in when it comes to German and Belgium beer but i haven't a clue about Polish beer.I'm getting an extension built in my house at the moment and its nearly finished.The workers are Polish and they've done a fantastic job and I wanted to get them a couple of cases of Polish beer when they finish.
    It says your location is swords? Go to JC's supermarket, they have cheap cases of polish beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

justbrian wrote: »
    It says your location is swords? Go to JC's supermarket, they have cheap cases of polish beer.

After 2 years I'd have hoped the builders would be finished by now - if not he probably shouldn't be giving them a beer bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

After 2 years I'd have hoped the builders would be finished by now - if not he probably shouldn't be giving them a beer bonus.

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

CK75 wrote: »
    Im looking for Warka Strong beer in the South East area of Ireland, cant find it? anyone know a supermarket or off licence where I can buy it???:confused:
    My Polish friend says its the best beer and he cant find it either, Super Valu used to stock it but seem to have run out recently.....:eek:

In the south east World Wide Wines in Waterford often have this one, might be worth giving a call ahead first if you have to travel to it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Karpackies nice and cheap and a decent polish beer, lech is also another option!

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

It's funny but I've never seen Karpackie in Poland, maybe it is some local brewery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Artur.PL wrote: »
    It's funny but I've never seen Karpackie in Poland, maybe it is some local brewery.

Its a local brewery in the south of Poland near the Carpathian Mountains, from where the beer gets its name - Carpathian is 'Karpaty' in Polish.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 47 lilka

from what I've been told, vodka is the way to go for our polish friends...and a bottle of coke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Was loading up on Ococim in Superquinn a while back

Security guard was Polish and he told me that Zubr is the best Polish beer. I've never had it or seen it anywhere in Ireland

Any advice??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Any advice
    Don't take consumer advice from security guards. Zubr tasted like just another lager to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

i've never seen zubr in dublin.maybe zubr is the best in his opinion because i do not think it is the highest quality.

Advertisement