Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help with imported RX8

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,

A friend of mine just bought an rx8 and as it turns out the back shock is giving hassle. It's causing the handling to be terrible. The problem is he has taken it to the main mazda dealer in Limerick and they told him after running a full diagnostic that he needs to replace the shock. Then they say it could be any one of four and they don't know which as its an import model. To boot they say if the part is ordered and turns out to be the wrong one he still has to foot the bill!!!

Can anybody tell me if they know where we could find the part code for a rear shock on an imported 2006 Mazda rx8 (231hp version)? Been searching the web for ages and came up with nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Hi All,

Latest predicament to be added to the list is as follows. Garage tells my friend that mazda Ireland did not know either! Hard to believe. After getting the number for them off the internet the phone just rings out so this cannot be verified.

Is there really no one has any idea about how to sort this? Is this post just in the wrong forum perhaps? If it is could somebody help out and move it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

To be honest that sounds like they don't want to touch the car.... They know one shock is faulty but can't tell which one??

I'm sure if the dealer orders the wrong part from mazda, they would just send it back for credit... wrong parts get ordered every day and get shipped back and forth...

It's 2008 for gods sake, all car manufactures have been keeping databases of exactly what parts go into what car for years now, no mater where the car was made or sold...

Where was the car imported from?

I'd try confirm the garages story with Mazda Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

That sounds like absoloute rubbish OP. Bring it to another dealer.

Where did your friend import from?

Here's the parts catalog for the US version but should be similar to EU one.

Parts Catalog

You may want to point your friend in the direction of the UK owners club. Lots of knowledgeable folks there.

Owners Club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

If the rear shock is easy to remove do so, the part number will be stamped on it somewhere.

I thought shocks should be replaced in pairs anyway?

Hi Folks, thanks for the replies.

The buying of shocks in pairs was not really the issue it;s more the fact that the main dealer says he cant tell which part should go into an Rx8 imported from Japan. He then says all needs to be paid for in advance as he cannot send the parts back to Mazda Ireland as they do not accept returns.

Will try ringing the next closest Mazda dealer to see if they are any better. Like I say trying to find a number for Mazda Ireland was difficult and the number we could find just rang out so it is proving difficult to verify the story. Will check out myslef if the number is printed on the shock. Thanks for the tips and advice.

Would US parts be different to Japans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get your friend to sign up to www.irishrotary.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

M.D.L (motor distributers ltd) Naas RD is the number your looking for and ask for Mazda parts.

Not sure if they will talk to the public or not though.

Have passed onto him to join the the other forums. Thanks for the name of that crowd on the nass rd. Will try them next week. I can either pretend im not the public or try and get someone who works in a garage to call for me.

thanks a mill.

Advertisement