Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My LC nightmare !!!!

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I found the short questions from one of my ACTUAL exams on my floor...blood curdling scream :eek: Has anyone else made any such horrific mistakes ?? please people HUMOUR me :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Is this in real life or a dream?

Do you mean your actual short question answer booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I panicked a few times wondering in my head if one of my booklets might somehow fall out of the answer sheet...

other than that no not really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

*twitches* Yes..the actual booklet..Bangs head of keyboard..It has been sent before the leaving cert department judges ( My nightmares depict them with deep booming voices and blank emotionless faces *Shivers*..I hope they have mercy :D If not I shall have to bow to the inevitable..perhaps if I'm lucky..a B in my best subject :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

Unlucky, thats very harsh and I can't see the department accepting your excuse. What subject was it? Geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Very harsh indeed. I often worry if I wrote my exam number on the thing correctly! I tend to do those things absent-mindedly, without really thinking about what I'm writing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

The Walsho wrote: »
    Very harsh indeed. I often worry if I wrote my exam number on the thing correctly! I tend to do those things absent-mindedly, without really thinking about what I'm writing.

I wouldn't worry about that. The invigilator should have caught any mistakes along those lines.

OP: Sorry, but I don't think they'll accept it now. Hopefully it won't damage your LC that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I wouldn't worry about that. The invigilator should have caught any mistakes along those lines...

Judging by the comments on here about the way some exams were supervised, I wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Whimsical wrote: »
    I found the short questions from one of my ACTUAL exams on my floor...blood curdling scream :eek: Has anyone else made any such horrific mistakes ?? please people HUMOUR me :D

Thats horrific that would be my worst nightmare and it actually happend..was it geography? hopefully it wont screw you over that badly in the end good luck only six days left

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bad luck Whimsical - this late on, when the papers are all corrected, I'm not sure how the SEC will rule, but I hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There was a thread like this over on the JC forum, a history student forgot to put the short questions in with the other answers and onliy noticed when he got home, and the general consensus was that they probably wouldn't accept it even the day after the exam, so almost two months after you wont have much luck I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement

The department knew that I was very sick before the exam..didnt notice it in my hand leaving the exam :o *groans* it was actually a week after the exam that I found the GHASTLY book...*chuckles* I have just started to freak out a tad as I got an A1 in the mock *shivers* :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you reported it a week after the exam there might be some hope, especially if there were extenuating circumstances.
    I misunderstood and thought you'd only found it now.

I suppose all will be revealed soon enough.

spurious wrote: »
    If you reported it a week after the exam there might be some hope, especially if there were extenuating circumstances.
    I misunderstood and thought you'd only found it now.

I suppose all will be revealed soon enough.

I doubt they'd accept it. Consider the following - a student hasn't got a clue of the short questions, smuggles them out of the exam hall at the end of the exam, takes them home, fills in the answers and then the following day returns to the exam hall all flustered, telling the supervisor that they "forgot" to hand up the short questions the previous day! What happens then????

You said that the department knew that you were very sick before the exam, but the fact that you sat the exam says to them that you were fit enough to do so. So, I wouldn't hold out much (read: any) hope of them granting you the marks that were available for those short questions.

ah what a reality check *shivers*...I thought it was all over....Its like walking up the stars in the dark and having that sinking sensation when you forget that there are no more steps :(..Anyway I hazard a guess that I didn't do as well in the short questions..I would just like to add that corny as it may sound I would NEVER cheat..I'd never be able to hold my head up high again..I'd take the B or C over the A any day...Character building stuff :D

ah what a reality check *shivers*...I thought it was all over....Its like walking up the stars in the dark and having that sinking sensation when you forget that there are no more steps :(..Anyway I hazard a guess that I didn't do as well in the short questions..I would just like to add that corny as it may sound I would NEVER cheat..I'd never be able to hold my head up high again..I'd take the B or C over the A any day...Character building stuff :D

Good attitude!!

Chalk it down to experience - you'll be more careful the next time! Just hope it doesn't come against you if you've applied for college.

Thanks :) Gosh yes I will be more careful in the future...I have learnt my lesson..perhaps a little late :D *chuckles* Case closed !! I've dwelled on it too long already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Don't worry about it from what it sounds youll do good in all your other subjects anyway, i honestly can't sympathise but wow im very sorry just a few more days and itll be all over anywya,, what are you hopin to get??

Sorry..my internet modem..*honestly* shakes head..It is like watching paint dry :D Em well my course in trinity was 435 last year..geography and sociology..hence I'm praying for anything above that..although I've just been informed that the points have rocketed with regards to certain courses due to the increase in students this year :eek: I need a stiff drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Sorry..my internet modem..*honestly* shakes head..It is like watching paint dry :D Em well my course in trinity was 435 last year..geography and sociology..hence I'm praying for anything above that..although I've just been informed that the points have rocketed with regards to certain courses due to the increase in students this year :eek: I need a stiff drink :D
    Well according to RTE today arts is on the rise but things like nursing are going down if thats any help to ya (none to me trying to get commerce...)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PuddinBum

I doubt time matters, i think the department will realise that the person made a mistake and that it didnt really take the person 2 months to find all the correct answers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement