Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault radio code entry

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

Changed the battery in my 98 Megane Scenic, after doing so the radio wouldn't turn on until I entered the radio code. Now I knew this would happen but so I got the code but I haven't a bogs notion how to enter it. I've done it before on a friends Scenic but I can't actually remember the procedure since it was so long ago.
    My brother, thinking he could solve anything, gave it a go and now I can't get the word "code" off the screen where the 4 zero's were for entering the code.

Any help on this would be appreciated, I've to drive to Donegal and back in the morning and I don't fancy doing it with only the engine hum to keep me company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The scroll wheel on the yoke beside the steering wheel I think. And one of the buttons to move between the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There's no scroll wheel on this. There's a couple of toggle switches for volume and station change alright, but no scroller. I remember using that to enter the code before but I can't remember how. And the "code" on the screen is preventing me from doing anything anyway. It seems unaffected by any input.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does the radio have the numbers for the presets? You can enter it with those.

Say the code is 4657

Press 1, 4 times.
    2, 6 times
    3, 5 times
    4, 7 times.

Then press and hold the button you used to jump from number to number.
    I've never done it on the Phase 1 Scenic but thats how it worked from the 99 facelift on and in the mk 2 clio.

The numbers aren't present on the screen. They were previously, but since my brother gave it a shot only the word "code" is present. Could he have entered a wrong code and locked the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

NakedDex wrote: »
    The numbers aren't present on the screen. They were previously, but since my brother gave it a shot only the word "code" is present. Could he have entered a wrong code and locked the radio?

Dont think it locks out altogether, but you might have to leave the radio on for about 15 mins before it changes to let you enter. Ever 3 times you enter it wrong it doubles the waiting time, but the radio has to be on (displaying code) for it to be countign down the time.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see. I'll see about running that clock then and try the entry system you mentioned.

Cheers man, you may have saved me 8 hours of silence.

Muchos gracias, that did the business. Apparently the clock on this one was ticking down even without the radio turned on. It was back to the four zeros when I got out to it.

I owe you a pint man. Thanks a lot.

Advertisement