Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless issue Please Help

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Can anyone please help me discover why my wireless PC's suddenly stopped connecting to the web. I have a Eircom/Netopia router which for no reason is unable to connect wirless but i can connect with ethernet cable. I contacted eircom who told me to press the reset button the router & made out that interference from some other wirless device was the problem. I have a wirless tv booster to send a signal to my kitchen but evev after removing this cannot connect wireless. Can anyone please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from the Helpdesk. The users here should be able to help you better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

PC Bible wrote: »
    Can anyone please help me discover why my wireless PC's suddenly stopped connecting to the web. I have a Eircom/Netopia router which for no reason is unable to connect wirless but i can connect with ethernet cable. I contacted eircom who told me to press the reset button the router & made out that interference from some other wirless device was the problem. I have a wirless tv booster to send a signal to my kitchen but evev after removing this cannot connect wireless. Can anyone please help.

What encryption have you set up? Can Windows detect the networks presence at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AV - TEC

Have you moved a Digital cordless phone anywhere near your router?? They run @ 2.4 GHz could affect your routers signal and ability to transmit and receive. Is it connecting at all to your router it might still connect but if it’s a limited connection it won’t let you connect to the internet.

What are you using to connect your PC – i.e a USB wifi adaptor or is it Built in>?

Regards,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PC Bible

WEP Automatic. Was using WPA-802.1x but changed to see if this was problem. Wirless able to detect eircom (& my neighbours BT Voyager which it always has been able to) but just cannot connect. Laptop has limited or no connection where as my two pc's (one with internal & one usb) cannot. Any help appreciated. Thanks
    PC Bible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

PC Bible wrote: »
    WEP Automatic. Was using WPA-802.1x but changed to see if this was problem. Wirless able to detect eircom (& my neighbours BT Voyager which it always has been able to) but just cannot connect. Laptop has limited or no connection where as my two pc's (one with internal & one usb) cannot. Any help appreciated. Thanks
    PC Bible

Have you any personal firewall running, such as Zone Alarm?

• Advertisement

Hi David, Don't have a cordless Phone, but did have one of those wireless TV signal transmittors to send satellite tv signal to the kitchen, but I have totally removed this (which I've had for 6 months with no problem with my broadband connection). I have two Pc's, one with internally installed Pci slot card & one usb (Air station, Buffalo) & a laptop. Pc's are showing eircom (& my neighbours BT Voyager connection which it always has) but cannot connect & laptop has limited or no connection. I am able to connect with an ethernet cable. Any help appreciated.Thanks
    PC Bible

No Firewall. Just windows Firewall which I've turned off. Even turned off firewall in router to see if that was problem but no luck. I've turned it on again after testing.

Advertisement