Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from BCL to B&L

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I've been accepted on the BCL programme as a mature student. I had hoped to be offered a place on the B&L programme but I don't have the necessary maths requirement, or the LC equivalent.

I've had a chat with someone in the law dept and I've been told that it might be possible to transfer to the 2nd year of the B&L course.

Has anyone transferred between the courses and if so do you have any advice on what modules I should pick through horizons? Mathematics for Business 1 seems like an obvious choice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

Hey,

Im going into 2nd year business and law myself. I dont have a clue about whether you can transfer or not-really sorry. But I can tell you that UCD horizans isnt an option for b n' l students due to the vast amount of core subjects which have to be undertaken as you would be studying both business and law.

Also are you taking about transfering to 2nd year b and l after doing law for the year. If so horizans would be available to you and i would recommend taking perhaps financial accounting 1, maths or economics. However it seems unlikely that this transfer would be possible owing to the fact that you would have missed out on the entirety of the first year course. Couldnt say for def though!

(Bit unfair that you get to doss for a year in BCL and then hit the hard stuff)-joke by thee way before I start another onslaught of BCL V BBL Debate! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

Yea you can apply to transfer alright. In fact you can apply for a transfer in semester 2 of stage 1. The policy seems fairly rigid though - see item 2.3 on this link: https://myucd.ucd.ie/programme_info/transfer.ezc. According to this however, you still need the same points and the matriculation requirements as the rising class (presumably to make it fair) - not sure how this would work in the case of mature students since you're assessed differently for admission to the programme.

Couple of people I know were allowed to tranfer from ag. science to science. Was considering it myself last year.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yeah for any transfer in UCD anyways you need the points and requirements for the course you wish to transfer onto - for non-mature students that means the points for the year you did the leaving, not the year you started college,a s for your case I'm not so sure

Do B&L if you can, heading into final year now and its a great course, loads of the stuff in BCL but plus a decent variation of business, finance, IT & economics - you nearly end up doing 2/3 of what BCL do in terms of law

Advertisement