Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrive a Deleted Character?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

So started playing early 2006 and deleted my main character early 2007,tried a few online games and most of em are crap! Is there any way i can retrive a deleted char? I've heard people doin it before so if there is can ya point me in the right direction? Cheers....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Email Blizzard Support and ask them to do it.

They never delete characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Don't bother emailing them,

Submit a ticket ingame, and give as much detail about the character as you can, Race Class Level Name, as much as you can remember.

Hope it hasn't been too long, could be 6 months or a year before they wont restore it, I can''t remember which.

Then wait for a response, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Deleted characters under 30 get purged every 3 months, anything above 30 should still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Gumble raises an excellent point.<30, forget about it. >30 = pretty good odds its still around.

Either way, submitting an in-game petition is the best course of action. Of course, this can be difficult to do without an active account. And its sorta annoying to reactivate an account only to play your old character, which may then not be available... so email might be the better option if getting the character back is a factor in deciding whether to go back or not. However, expect it to take a hella long time, cos it probably will :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

And again, why bother deleting the character? Seriously.

The standard response is that it will prevent you from returning to the game, but the reality of the matter is that you will come crawling back to Blizzard, credit card in hand, looking to reactivate your account and get the character back.

Just save the hassle, and dont bother deleting it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i predict we will see a lot more of these topics popping up as we near the release of wotlk!

leasson? just dont delete your toons..you WILL come back to the dark side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

happened to my friend.. 3 months char under 30.. 6 months for anything else. Try the CS forum on the website also, they are monitored by a blizzard rep/ GM at all times and are quite fast to it and gives you all necesarry(sp=bad :() steps to require the character back

Advertisement