Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone sealant which isnt harmful to fish?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

A strange title i know but I'm looking for a sealant to seal a leaking waterfall made of stone. It is running into a pond which has fish in it so has to be non toxic and clear finish not to take away from the effect of the stone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't understand is the sealant for sealing the stone surface to stop the stone discolouring or is it the gaps between the stone that are leaking.
    There is aquarium silicone that is used for sealing fish tanks, it doesnt have acetic acid cure so doesn't harm the fish.
    Not quite sure what you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

It is to stop the waterfall leaking as its losing water somewhere and the level of the pond is going down over night. All the stones are mortared together but obviously there is a hairline leak somewhere. We have tried to silicone the joints but thought that some sort of "paint on" sealant might be another option.

Advertisement