Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate a Post and/or Moderator's Golden Star

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Indifferent
    And on the other hand, I have seen discussions where Java proponents put forward strong arguments which were immediately visible and clearly not answered by better arguments.

In fact I haven't seen any successful Java bashing there in years. I do recall Java bashing back when there was a lot to bash about it, though.
    Our Games Dev course loved bashing the Programming course for their Java. Cos you know, C++ is a cooler language and all that. Eat my memory address pointer, bitch!

Theres nothing in the star system I see that isnt already done by +1 posts, quoting, and the thanks button.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Indifferent
    Theres no question that the idea works
    Hobbes wrote: »
    It wouldn't work
    It does work though.
    Hobbes wrote: »
    No it doesn't.
    Yes, it does.

He's behind you!

June_Rogers.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Myth wrote: »
    There is the 'rate thread' option presently available, although it's fairly basic in the One Star to Five Star method.

The problem with having both positive and negative awards is that it is basically like rep, which boards used to have, and I don't believe the admins wish to go back to something like that again.

Agreed, look at the joke that rep turned into
    thank feck its gone

Advertisement