Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

normal?

• 06-08-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

So is it normal to get to 67...be just plain fed up with the gazillion xp needed for the next level?:mad:

Don't get me wrong, i wanna hit 70, and kick ass...I just want it now....lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe take a break and do some pvp or something. If you have been pushing hard to lv70 you might just be tired from the lving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Thoogun

aye, hit the pvp imo if bored, cannt go wrong getting some nice items for when you hit 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its not uncommon for people to just afk for a week, then get the next level with rested and repeat ;)

It can be tiresome. Especially these days, there was a time when you could weasel your way into some level 70 instances, like Shattered Halls, at a pretty low level. Getting a jump on the reputation grind can go a long way. Now of course that is alot less possible, but thankfully, alot less necessary ;)

Starting an alt, trying another game, enjoy "other activities" are all viable option, but if you really want to get to 70 to experience the end game content. Then the only real option, is to suck it up and do the time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Aye it is boring at that level. But you just gotta push on. I find leavign the toon for a few days and goign with yoru guild to a high end instance just for xp and drops works for me. Did that tonight and went from abotu 100k into lvl 67 to 80k from lvl 69. Pvp i found good too, get a load of marks ready for when you ding and trade them all in for honor. Then get some more and buy some gear :)

Dont forget, the game doesn't start till 70 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anti wrote: »
    But thats an argument for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Anti wrote: »
    Aye it is boring at that level. But you just gotta push on. I find leavign the toon for a few days and goign with yoru guild to a high end instance just for xp and drops works for me. Did that tonight and went from abotu 100k into lvl 67 to 80k from lvl 69. Pvp i found good too, get a load of marks ready for when you ding and trade them all in for honor. Then get some more and buy some gear :)

You gained 1,400,000 XP in one evening :o

Holy Fook, that is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

do instancezzzzzzz

WellyJ wrote: »

I levelled 67-70 in one sitting on my first 70 :(

:(:(:(

:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'd agree with DRakE hit up some instances cause it's a bit more fun, might grab some gear, and you still get xp without it being the dull grind. also take way bigger breakes than normal and just make 100% sure to log out in a city or inn.

DRakE wrote: »
    I levelled 67-70 in one sitting on my first 70 :(

:o

By one sitting, do you perhaps mean 15-16 hours perhaps? Hardly qualifies as an evening :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'm at the same place at the mo.Lvl 66 nearly 67 but just bored stupid but like any addict can't stop playing.Got so bored have been helping lvl 20's do dungeons and help em lvl up.Really do hope game comes alive at lvl 70.Also started doing battlegrounds but keep getting mashed cause every one else on them are lvl 70.Course the thing that really gets me is that by the time I hit 70 the new expansion will be out and then the slog to lvl 80 will begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my 2nd toon to level to 70 was a hunter and i levelled from 60 to 70 using only rested bonus.

took me 11 days played to 70. took me like 19 on my first toon but i was enjoying the views then!!

try starting a new toon for a couple days then keep goin back to your 67 and mostly instance your way to 70. thats what i done

the game only starts at 7 so gogogo!!!

WellyJ wrote: »

Yeah it was with full rested XP. Had a guildie run me through 10 odd quests in Nagrand just to get them done so i can move onto SMV. Then a Shadow labs run with amazingly well geared people, which took no time at all. 1.5kXP per kill. Then add in a few quests in there and then off to Stheck halls. Am gonna see if i can ding 70 tonight, not likely though.

Have to laugh though, i must be the most under geared warlock out there. Healing shoulders, mage shoes all the wrong gems because they were free :D

And to make it worse haven't a clue what spec im gonna go at 70, or what gear i should go for ! But thats for another thread.

OP. If you havent already, max out your professions, by grinding some of the items you might even ding too.

I believe all of the other battlegrounds, aside from Alterac Valley, are versions of them that are not for level 70 players ;)

The ranges are 10-19, ... , 60-69 and 70.

Ivan wrote: »
    I believe all of the other battlegrounds, aside from Alterac Valley, are versions of them that are not for level 70 players ;)

The ranges are 10-19, ... , 60-69 and 70.

yup, thats right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I got WoW the day it was released in early 2005 and have been leveling the same character bit by bit since then. He is currently level 69 and I cannot bear to drag him through the final stretch. I am sick of Netherstrom and SMV and can never get a group for instances. Will probably return to sunny Nagrand and grind my way to 70 one Clefthoof at a time and hopefully hit it before WotLK comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lol! casual or what ;)

transfer to a server with higher population.

i never had any problems lfg for any instance when i was leveling my toons, and my server has somewhat died over the last year or so.

all the big guilds jumped ship and changed realms.

netherstorm is good xp for easy quests

illkillya go download questhelper from curse.com

tells u exactly where on the minimap you have to go and what you have to do its amazingly helpful..and gl to 70!!

(the game only starts at 70!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

copeyhagen wrote: »
    lol! casual or what ;)

transfer to a server with higher population.

i never had any problems lfg for any instance when i was leveling my toons, and my server has somewhat died over the last year or so.

all the big guilds jumped ship and changed realms.

netherstorm is good xp for easy quests

illkillya go download questhelper from curse.com

tells u exactly where on the minimap you have to go and what you have to do its amazingly helpful..and gl to 70!!

(the game only starts at 70!!)

Ya I would have moved servers but a few people I know (friend, sister, work colleague) are all on here (Skullcrusher) so I'm kind of stuck. I'm on a Mac so there is a bug with Questhelper that causes a crash so I can't use it unfortunately. Will get there I suppose... just have to knuckle down and do a few more of those boring Netherstrom quests :)

You could use VM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Kiith wrote: »
    But thats an argument for another day.

I was about to rant and explode....you saved my life.

*about posts on the first page*

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote: »
    By one sitting, do you perhaps mean 15-16 hours perhaps? Hardly qualifies as an evening :p
    try like 36 hours or something with no sleep.. damn lans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

and with that the priest named as Holydavy was created and rolled to lvl 8.

while my lock is having a nap.

got jumped in teldrassil by 2 level 5 spiders...

why i oughta....*shakes fist*

Advertisement