Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you call your period?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

time of the month, friends, cousins, monthlys, bloodies, Eve's Curse, The Monthly Curse, Riding The Stick, Ragging, On the Rag, Aunt Flow's visiting, My Kitty's Bleeding, Bloody Mary, Redrum, Nature's Course, Devil's Juice etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Some of those are rotten!!
    Flowers mostly but my other half calls it Rag Week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

my dose!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

Got my yokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

generally id just call it my period..

in in my group of friends we'll refer to it as "tom" if theres guys around - time of month :)
    "ugh i feel crap"
    "why?"
    "stupid tom"
    "grrr i hate that f*cker"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

usually just call it my period

or "the pitch is flooded"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

:o My 'Lady Time'....

Or just 'my period'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

A girl I went out with called it her jam! I also heard someone discussing it one day on a train, it was a guy telling his mate he had O when his g/f was on her rags! He said he had turkey pie with cranberry sauce! Ergh!!! :eek:

EDIT: Is that why another name for the lady garden is 'chainsaw wound'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Period, Flowers, Friends or I am painting the town Red... Or sometimes I just tell people the truth... That I am haemoraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Lyrics probably a tad nsfw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Christ whats with the names. Its pretty childish imo. Just call it what it is...period.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I call it being on Red Alert.

Kinda true....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

No special names for it, but i'm in negotiations to have "...sponsored by Cadburys" included in my each and every mention of it. I get through a fair whack of chocolate then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Dee369369

I'd normally call it tom (time of the month :) ) or my period
    Never heard of it being called flowers :confused: am i missing something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Just call it my period. My mother on the other hand calls them 'your friends' which I find odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Not very friendly are they? with friends like that, who needs enemies?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

My period unless im around my bf or other men get a bit shy call it my things or yokes lol

On front of other girls aged 14-17 My "flowers"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Nightwish wrote: »
    Christ whats with the names. Its pretty childish imo. Just call it what it is...period.

Menses is what it is. What's the big deal about other names?

We call it the red tide. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Pretty much just call it my period, but I used to call it my jam tarts for an ex of mine, just to see the face on him, hehe :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Jam tarts lmao good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

I usually call it @#;! %^&# $%?># @{%&!, sometimes 'my period' aswell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Playing for Munster, got the commies in and starring in a period costume drama.
    All from Mr Ross O'Carroll-Kelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Dee369369 wrote: »
    I'd normally call it tom (time of the month :) )

I had never heard of that til a few months ago when an ex said that is what her sister called it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Menses is what it is. What's the big deal about other names?

We call it the red tide. :rolleyes:

Just reminded me that before it was being on Red Alert, it was the Crimson Tide...:)

No problem with little names...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

HouseHippo wrote: »
    My period unless im around my bf or other men get a bit shy call it my things or yokes lol

On front of other girls aged 14-17 My "flowers"

Wait, you're calling it something silly infront of girls who are starting to get them?
    Sense - This makes none.
    830897176_dad55f068d_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

It's just my period. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Period. I find the euphemisms a bit creepy tbh. Using them perpetuates the whole idea that periods are some kind of mysterious/weird thing that can't or shouldn't be talked about in public. Call a spade a spade.

Although having said all that, I have occasionally used the phrase 'reading in the Ussher basement' for when I have my period. Basically in TCD, where I went to college, the periodicals section was in the basement of the Ussher library - hence 'I'm reading in the Ussher basement'. But it's mainly for lulz.

Wow. That sounds even weirder when I write it down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

To mammy I'd say I have my period. Among my mates it's on the rag and PMS is "raggy". On the blob was thrown around for a while, but rag stuck. Not very nice is it lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

On the blob is well nasty! Generally jsut period, but from time to time i just tell him i'm plugged!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

From ex's:

"my others"

"up on bricks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

SunnyP wrote: »
    Just call it my period. My mother on the other hand calls them 'your friends' which I find odd

so does mine,and i've always found it odd. i usually just go for 'my time of the month', or 'mother****ing red cramping bastards'.

Advertisement