Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RASH VEST

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hey just bought a rash vest d other day cause my wetsuit around the neck was cutting me a bit:(...just a quick q's i can wear this under my suit and should stop the suit from cutting me rite?? also i keep getting bruises on my hips from jumping on the board anyone any suggestions to what i could wear to stop this happening??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

With time you will stop getting bruises.
    Its probably finesse of technique, or maybe its a toughening of the muscles or something but with time you'll stop getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yes you can wear the rash vest under your suit

I take it you are a girl?

A few of the girls I know get bruises by their hips also, think it could be just to do with being a girl and having a different physique than men, should get better though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh yeah, hips and ribs, i always end up well bruised there... i really need to find a more dignified way to hop on my board :P

not wanting to start a new thread... but can/do people wear just rash vests and board shorts in teh summer? i want to get something that's not gonna get a zillion times heavier once wet, but, if i had the option, that looks alright (my wetsuit has pink on it, which im not happy about, but 60% discount is a 60% discount), and doesnt cost too much... dont wana look a complete oddball at the beach though (wouldnt mind if i could surf good enough to void wtf im wearing, but, y'no...)... just askin...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

cool thats great guys thanks a mill:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maddin

Hi Elaine

I still get bruises on my hips - pretty common as said.

I did buy a new rashie last year and same thing happened me - think is on most rashies the seams are supposed to be on the outside - my new rashie had seams on both sidesand the neck of my wetsuit only may it worse - so i abandoned it and bought a new o neill one which is super comfy - maybe you just need to change type of vest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭amber1

I get less bruises in a 5mm suit but it's better to have bruises than huge fat hips!!!

Advertisement