Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardcore Til I Die

• 06-08-2008 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hopefully everyone has seen the ad. So, a quick show of hands, who's rushing out to buy this album Hardcore Til I Die? C'mon, don't be shy, admit it, it's an instant classic of an album! Our great-great grandkids will envy the fact that we were young when this was released!

Anyone dare to disagree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

If your referring to todays UK Hardcore like Raverbaby and other such hideous acts aka cheese then pleasseeeeee do me a favour, this is tripe of the highest order.

However if you want REAL RAVE/HARDCORE 1991-1993 are the golden years,here's a mix i done in January,mixing is a bit ropey as i was half cut but the tune selection is awesome.

Description: 1991-1993 Underground Rave/Hardcore and Hardcore Breaks 2007

Length: 1.10.45

Download Link: http://www.zshare.net/audio/16632579ecafcae9/

Tracklisting:

1- M-D-Emm - Got Any Hardcore?
    2- DJ Sike - I Can't Go For It (Hardcore Breaks 2007)
    3- Miro (2) - Energy (Original Coma Mix)
    4- Hackney Hardcore - Rave Scene 94 (Easy Beat Remix) (4:59)
    5- Soundclash vs. Hackney Hardcore - Hear Gunshots (No Hesitation Mix)
    6 -Under the Influence - Stuart J (Hardcore Breaks 2007)
    7-Altern 8 - Frequency (Hallucin 8 Mix)
    8- DMS - Exterminate (Day Of The Hardcore)
    9- DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer - In Effect
    10- Ramos & Supreme - Crowd Control
    11- Mole The Dipper - Eye Of The Dinosour
    12- DJ Force + Evolution - Twelve Midnight
    13- New Atlantic - Yes To Satan (Bonus Techno Mix)
    14- Nookie - Shining In Da Darkness
    15- DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer - Ruffer
    16- Soundcorp - Dream Finder (Dream Finder Remix)
    17- DJ Dossa - Broken Remedy (Hardcore Breaks 2007)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

nordy buzz I remember being in ?Rathcoole with a few from there and they sang it a lot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

:D:D

I may not have been entirely sincere.

Ugh, I can't even stand listening to the whole ad! Utter tripe is right! Is this what the kids are listening to these days? And I remember thinking Scooter were bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Scooter aren't bad!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...there shite.

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote: »
    ...there shite.

For sheer randomness they are very good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Scooter are great.:pac::pac::pac:

"The question is, what is the question??"

DarkJager wrote: »
    "The question is, what is the question??"

:D

All the ladies to the VIP.

Scooter, Ultrabeat, Cascada, Mickey Modelle, Basshunter...words just fail me. There is no death slow enough for anyone who lowers themselves to producing that Eurodance dire vomit.

But as for Hardcore, if it's the 'more E Vicar?' 'Ardkore, you know da score' 'nice one top one get sawted' era of raves and refs whistles and sweats and Altern 8 and Ratpack and DJ Seduction and 'I'm bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucker there is no other, I'm the one and only dominator'...well brilliant tunes and brilliant times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

:D

All the ladies to the VIP.

Scooter, Ultrabeat, Cascada, Mickey Modelle, Basshunter...words just fail me. There is no death slow enough for anyone who lowers themselves to producing that Eurodance dire vomit.

But as for Hardcore, if it's the 'more E Vicar?' 'Ardkore, you know da score' 'nice one top one get sawted' era of raves and refs whistles and sweats and Altern 8 and Ratpack and DJ Seduction and 'I'm bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucker there is no other, I'm the one and only dominator'...well brilliant tunes and brilliant times...[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love you're choice of words here...quality :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

I have saw the add for this album, and i do think it sounds very good.

i know that its not most peoples piece of cake this sort of music, but i have to admit it would be one of my favourites. I will be getting thi album thats for sure :D

Geg124 wrote: »
    I have saw the add for this album, and i do think it sounds very good.

i know that its not most peoples piece of cake this sort of music, but i have to admit it would be one of my favourites. I will be getting thi album thats for sure :D

Oh dear.... :D

jonny68 wrote: »
    I absolutely love you're choice of words here...quality :D:D:D

Thank you! I think anyone who was there 'knows the score'. Heady heady days, and just so damn exciting.

My only regret is that I was born in 74, so was just that bit too young for the summer of love in 88 and the first wave of it, and while I just stuck my hands in the air the second I heard 808 State and Inner City and the like, it just wasn't the same at the Youth Club discos! But was fully up for it in 1992 when I struck off for Cork city.

My other regret is that we had to make do with the excellent Sir Henrys and the odd rave in the middle of nowhere, and I'd have loved to have had a taste of the whole English scene around then, just a few months of that whole waiting beside service stations on some motorway heading North or West out of London, waiting for directions.

Jesus I'd love to have that (i) waist line and (ii) fringe back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Scooter, .......... There is no death slow enough for anyone who lowers themselves to producing that Eurodance dire vomit.

But as for Hardcore, if it's 'I'm bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucker there is no other, .

Scooter ripped that line off in one of theirs :p

For a good trip down nostalgia lane, this includes some of the bigger hits from the ealry British house, acid house and rave days...

http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk/rave_history_index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

DarkJager wrote: »
    Oh dear.... :D

Ah now...its not that bad..
    but everyone does have their own tastes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Geg124 wrote: »
    Ah now...its not that bad..
    but everyone does have their own tastes.
    or lack there of

Advertisement