Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's the general consensus....

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

....on student's from Mallow in UL? I hear there are many of them....do they give the place a bad name, or whats the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm not so sure that they're all actually from Mallow. It's more like they're from unknown places in the vicinity of the metropolis that is Mallow (such as Freemount, Kanturk, Banteer, Buttevant, etc.) and would rather claim there than Cork and acquire the innocent country-folk façade rather than the knacker city appearance.

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Marshmallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I don't think that I've ever heard anything 'bad' about the people from there. Just because your from there doesn't mean anything imo. There are gobsh1tes in every part of the country.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

The Don wrote: »
    There are gobsh1tes in every part of the country.

Especially wesht Clare.

I'd agree with BD here, and say that theres quite a few people from the satellite towns of Mallow, but I've never met anyone from that festering place directly. Apart from Sceptre but we'll make an exception for that fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Peteee wrote: »
    Especially wesht Clare.

Like you can talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Give UL a bad name or (giggle) give Mallow a bad name?

I'm from Mallow.

I used to call it the town of the squinting windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sceptre wrote: »
    Give UL a bad name or (giggle) give Mallow a bad name?

I'm from Mallow.

I used to call it the town of the squinting windows.
    hmph.

You win pete. Shay is from Mallow.

Something new learnd for today

Advertisement