Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 24MB - Whos got it and where?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

OK im on the blanch exchange (Im pretty close actually 2.5km away)
    Still havent gotten 24mb yet as my line is still syncing at the normal speed. Fairly sure my line can take it line stats are good, will give bt a call tomorrow and see if i can get the upgrade.

Who else has gotten upgraded and how far from your exchange are you? Are you actually getting 24mb or is it flucuating? Has the line dropped at all like their last upgrade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

no one else got the upgrade yet?
    Hardly anyone or maybe no one besides people in blanchardstown shopping centre(right beside the exchange) will get 24mb so em im stuck here on crappy 14mb internet and 1mb upload
    *sobs*
    *awaits barrage of dial up users and their b1tchin*

Well its good enough really tbh 14mb download, wasnt its just 5 years ago we all thought 512kb internet was the sh1t(atleast i did :s)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

305971892.png

About half a mile from Dolphin's Barn exchange. I'm Loosing connection about once every two days. This is sorted with a reboot. The speed fluctuates between 19790 and 18000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Got the bump to 12, waiting on word back about the next bump.

Dun Laoghaire, < 1km from exchange.

bump!

synching @ 20065/1019 kbps..

max speed I can get is 22.

danke BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

I'm about 1K from Blanch exchange, and I haven;t got it yet; however my 8MB connection has been fluctating wildly the last few days, from very slow to almost top speed.

I think I'll leave it a day or two to see if they sort it out, I assume its due to the work being carried out up there. Its annoying though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

no one else got the upgrade yet?
    Hardly anyone or maybe no one besides people in blanchardstown shopping centre(right beside the exchange) will get 24mb so em im stuck here on crappy 14mb internet and 1mb upload
    *sobs*
    *awaits barrage of dial up users and their b1tchin*

Well its good enough really tbh 14mb download, wasnt its just 5 years ago we all thought 512kb internet was the sh1t(atleast i did :s)
    Your complaining about 14/1mb connection, maybe you should concider moving some place where they have slightly higher standards than here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I had BT sales people ring me and they said I should have it now. They said if I didn't I should ring their tech support. I rang their tech support and they said I don't have it yet but I should be getting it around the 9th of this month. I'm on the Crown Alley exchange.

I don't mind not getting exactly 24 but if my speeds are close to anything quoted above I'll be happy. I'll be sittin' pretty watching NFL Game Pass this fall with sufficient speeds. Last year I struggled to watch it at the highest speed. Viewing it at anything lower than the highest speed was pretty much unwatchable.

Advertisement