Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing for an active man

Options
  • 06-08-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Thought about it a couple of years ago and then i forgot about it but recently thought that i might just go out and get it done, as in maybe this weekend. But all i keep hearing about is how long it takes to heal and how much things can go wrong with it. Im just wondering does it look really f*cked up when you get it done, as in can you be walking around with the old top off when you get it done or does one nipple look odd compared to the other.

The other thing im wondering is about is whats the story with training, like can you train with a nipple ring or does it really chafe when your running or going to the gym but particularly running, because due to the career that i do i dont want to get it done if its going to affect me running or just doing my job in the army

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

My mate got it done about a year ago at this stage. I know it wrecked him for ages, was really sensitive. If we manhugged too tight or general drunken antics then it tended to hurt him loads. I think it took about 3 months for it to desensitize and then about another 4 - 5 for it to be healed properly.

Thats probably not the norm though. I'm unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Thought about it a couple of years ago and then i forgot about it but recently thought that i might just go out and get it done, as in maybe this weekend. But all i keep hearing about is how long it takes to heal and how much things can go wrong with it. Im just wondering does it look really f*cked up when you get it done, as in can you be walking around with the old top off when you get it done or does one nipple look odd compared to the other.

The other thing im wondering is about is whats the story with training, like can you train with a nipple ring or does it really chafe when your running or going to the gym but particularly running, because due to the career that i do i dont want to get it done if its going to affect me running or just doing my job in the army

The healing time really doesn't matter, you just get into the swing of cleaning it as soon as you get out of the shower, it doesn't really affect your life in general!
    One nipple would look odd, in that it has a lump of metal in it. It does change the shape slightly but that's not noticeable compared to the sight of the bar / ring.
    The only time my nipple chafed was in the 2 or 3 days after I got it done, now I don't notice it's there.

Advertisement