Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasty Dip Ideas?

• 06-08-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi all - I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms since Tesco stopped stocking their most delicious Country Cheddar Dip (or something like that, cheesy dip thing) which was just perfect with any manner of dipping thing.. crisps, celery. yum yum.

Now I'm just bored of bleedin' hummous (don't get me wrong, it's grand, just a bit bland after a while), I just want to throw pasta in on top of salsa, guacamole bit boring again, and chive stuff is a bit strong..

so
    I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas??? My Friday nights just haven't been the same !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Dublin14

Oh my God........... I had the exact same conversation with a friend only last night.... I too was addicted to the Tesco County Cheddar dip.. While it's great news for my waist line it's not so great for my state of mind... So if anyone knows of a tasty substitute please let me know...........

Oh and while I'm on the subject, as if it's not enough of a shock to the system that my favourite dip has been prematurely taken away from me, Tesco management in their obvious vendatta against me decided not to stock my favourite chocolate Gu cake anymore.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

heres a nice one mayo and ballymaloe jalepeno relish mixed together. yum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Anyone got anymore ideas. I have a big pack of tortillas in the press, but nothing to dip in?

Looking for a recipe for hamemade salsa. Can't be too hard to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jota

tzatziki (probably wrong spelling)
    *grate half a cucumber into a collander or a sieve, let the juice all drain out of it (just squish it with you hand if you don´t have time)
    Grate one small garlic clove into a bowl, chuck in your drained grated cucumber, two small pots of greek natural yogurt, salt, pepper, mix it all up and enjoy =)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 boringteetotal

Sour cream dips are goooooooood.
    I can't recommend any names unfortunately for lack of memory. I love the taste with cheese and onion pringles or hunky dory's.

Advertisement