Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla!

Options
  • 06-08-2008 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Can someone help me please??? I'm moving to Dublin in September and was thinking of staying around the clonsilla and coolmine area! Are they the same??? I'm so confused from what I found on the net!!! Can someone answer a few questions for me!!!

Is their a train station in both consilla and coolmine? Are they the same place?

And can someone tell me nice housing estates to stay in these areas a few mins from either of these stations???

Are they nice areas?

Is there wee shops/pubs etc. close?

Whats the travel time into the city and how much does it cost?

Wheres the best stop for someone working beside earlsfort terrace in the city?

Thanks Bud! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Clonsilla and Coolmine are two different stations. Trains go through them to both Docklands and Pearse/Connolly. For Earlsfort Terrace you'd want to be getting off at Pearse Station, which would take about 25-30 minutes, but it's still a good 15-20 minute walk from there. No idea how much it costs I'm afraid, I use an annual ticket.

If you're looking for somewhere within a few minutes walk of Clonsilla station, you'd be looking at Portersgate, Mt. Symon, Windermere, Lambourn or Castlefield. All are pretty newish estates and seem quite nice from what I've seen of them. Clonsilla village has a pub, a couple of takeaways, a restaurant, a Spar and a dry cleaners. There are buses that go through that will take you to Blanchardstown SC if you don't have transport of your own.

Coolmine station has a lot of estates within fairly short walking distance, but I don't really know much about any of them. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to fill you in on the area and amenities. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DAnlee

Thank you so much zaphf!!!! U've been fab!!! Wouldn't mind the exercise....dreadin leaving the country air!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Hi, Coolmine and Clonsilla are 2 areas in Blanchardstown/D15.
    There are train stations in both Coolmine and Clonsilla.
    There are many housing estates around both stations, better off getting a map and having a look, or maybe some one who lives there can help. There are lots of estates between the 2 stations.
    Travel times, any where from an hour or more from Clonsilla by bus(39), Coolmine is serviced by the 39 and 37, say any where from 35-40 minutes on a good day for the 39. Dont know about 37.
    Train, about 35-40 minutes. roughly, but I dont get it in the mornings.
    Shops and pub wise, there is the Clonsilla Inn, which is kind of half way between the 2 stations, and the Carpenter which is about 5-10 minutes walk to Coolmine. There is an Italian resturant, an Indian resturant, Chinese take away and a chipper in Clonsilla village, Clon Inn does food too, Carpenter does food. Also Spar/Centra type shop at Clonsilla and Carpenterstown(Close to Coolmine) And there is plenty of delievery places too. Blanch village is not too far away with more pubs and places to eat and the Blanch centre is close to Coolmine.
    And finally, Pearse street would be the place to get off for Earlsfort Terrace, going by train.
    Hope that helps.

thanks a million tony 2 tone!!! You've been fab aswell! Hope to see ya down in the clonsilla inn :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Another one to consider for Clonsilla is Charnwood, also quite nice.

For Coolmine though I would also look at houses / apartments in the Carpenterstown area, a really nice area also with spar, pub etc. The Coolmine train tracks are the divider between Carpenterstown and Coolmine. Estates to look at there could be Sycamore, Luttrell Park, Riverwood, Bramley, and Cherry. Also for that station Roselawn and Glenville.

Good luck.

Thanks for that smelltheglove!!!!

I didn't even know about that place!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Try the mountview area of clonsilla, it has all the comforts you need and a short bus ride to either station.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

cymro wrote: »
    Try the mountview area of clonsilla, it has all the comforts you need and a short bus ride to either station.;)

Best not do that from what I hear.

Nothing wrong with it mate.

• Advertisement

What exactly are the Mountview areas of Clonsilla? Is that Blakestown road and Inglewood as well?

What exactly are the Mountview areas of Clonsilla? Is that Blakestown road and Inglewood as well?

Mountview is, woodvale,fortlawn, whitechapel,inglewood, and them new houses just after the new road to Ongar. The council has done up the area well and it looks good. Ive lived here for the last 14 years and i wouldnt move anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thumbs down for Mountview.

Do you live there? It has better community spirit than any of the faceless new estates in the area where the after buying your own house the estate managment restrict you to whether you can have a sat dish or not. Give me mountview anyday. Trust me, im fussy regarding anti social behaviour etc and youd get less of it here than you would in any private estate in d15.

Mountview is, woodvale,fortlawn, whitechapel,inglewood, and them new houses just after the new road to Ongar. The council has done up the area well and it looks good. Ive lived here for the last 14 years and i wouldnt move anywhere else.

No Lohunda?:D I live in Woodvale meself. Was just wondering what was considered Mountview by others.

o ye, lohunda :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Trust me, im fussy regarding anti social behaviour etc and youd get less of it here than you would in any private estate in d15.

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nothing wrong with it mate.

Any time I've been up near there (near the shops & Mountview inn) at night, which I'll admit hasnt been in the last year or so, there have been gangs hanging around, and on more than one occassion I've had to dodge joy-riders.

Maybe it's just co-incidence that this has happens any time I'm up there, but either way it's coloured my view of the area. Hence, I wouldnt recommend it to someone.
    That doesnt mean that everyone up there is an undesireable, far from it. Like most areas 99% of the people are great, but the 1% cause all the sh1t!!

Its been a while since you were up there then. The mountview inn is gone ages ago and kids hang around the chinese at night but cause no bother. There is not much joyriding going on in the area these days and not one car has been stolen in my corner of my estate. You might hear the odd robbed car going by on the odd ocassion but you will get that in all areas. when you say gangs, do you mean a group of kids or actually gangs as what ross kemp did a prog about? i think you are exagerating a bit there arnt you.

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its been a while since you were up there then. The mountview inn is gone ages ago and kids hang around the chinese at night but cause no bother. There is not much joyriding going on in the area these days and not one car has been stolen in my corner of my estate. You might hear the odd robbed car going by on the odd ocassion but you will get that in all areas. when you say gangs, do you mean a group of kids or actually gangs as what ross kemp did a prog about? i think you are exagerating a bit there arnt you.

Your description is as bad tbh.

I dont think so. How can a bloke comment about an area where he says he hasnt visited in a few years? In a nutshell, Mountview is a decent place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm confused I thought you live there. I was referring to your comments.

deswalsh wrote: »
    Any time I've been up near there (near the shops & Mountview inn) at night, which I'll admit hasnt been in the last year or so, there have been gangs hanging around, and on more than one occassion I've had to dodge joy-riders.

Maybe it's just co-incidence that this has happens any time I'm up there, but either way it's coloured my view of the area. Hence, I wouldnt recommend it to someone.
    That doesnt mean that everyone up there is an undesireable, far from it. Like most areas 99% of the people are great, but the 1% cause all the sh1t!!

There are gangs of kids every where! From Laurel Lodge shops, Carpenterstown, Roselawn to Hartstown and Mountview shops.
    And the Mountview Inn is gone a loooooooooong time, so how long was it since you were there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So the pub was renamed big deal it wasn't knocked down and it still has the same type of clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Mountview is, woodvale,fortlawn, whitechapel,

I lived out here for 6 years and would avoid these areas and also avoid Sheepmore and Whitestown too...

Dunno about sheepmor but parts of whitestown are very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So the pub was renamed big deal it wasn't knocked down and it still has the same type of clients.

The Mountview Inn was knocked down(gas explosion I think). They built a new pub called Salmons not in the same spot either just down closer to the church.

I can say this cos I had pints in both pubs at some points in my life.

Found this link....http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/1999/0322/99032200012.html

It still has the same regulars and clients as the mountview did, when I ment it wasnt knocked down I was refering to the blakestown pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Thaedydal wrote: »
    when I ment it wasnt knocked down I was refering to the blakestown pub.

It was knocked down and the Lidl was put in there..

Advertisement