Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

BostonB wrote: »
    I'm confused I thought you live there. I was referring to your comments.

I do.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So the pub was renamed big deal it wasn't knocked down and it still has the same type of clients.

What do you mean by " the same type of clients" ? Have you drank there?

It still has the same regulars and clients as the mountview did, when I ment it wasnt knocked down I was refering to the blakestown pub.

What has the blakestown pub got do do with mountview and clonsilla?
    Bad piece of backtracking there thaedydal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

cymro wrote: »
    What do you mean by " the same type of clients" ? Have you drank there?

Just so I have this correct, this is the pub across the road from Fortlawn Estate where the taxi driver was killed? :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/taxi-driver-dies-after-being-stabbed-in-west-dublin-1321273.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

When the blakestown inn was demolished it's patrons moved to drinking in the mountview
    and now the samon'sleap of what ever it's called now. Ok the building is different and has moved sligthly but the two pubs have the same address, same location and same regulars.

Yes I have been in the pub and I know which of my neighbours drink there and as a result I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK, this is going way off topic, so I apologise to the OP.
    Mountview Inn, Salmon leap, whatever, its the same spot. Its about a year since I had to actually stop in the area, although I've driven by it dozens of times in the time since.

I still wouldnt recommend the area around that shopping centre & pub to anyone.

The area is very similar to where I grew up, and I wouldnt recommend that place either!

PS no more from me on this!

exactly, you dont really know the area well enough to make that comment. The area has changed a lot in the last few years and quiet down a lot.

In a response to the taxi driver incident, that could have happened anywhere and the persons responsible were not from the area.

In general, its as safe a place to live as any other location in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

When the blakestown inn was demolished it's patrons moved to drinking in the mountview
    and now the samon'sleap of what ever it's called now. Ok the building is different and has moved sligthly but the two pubs have the same address, same location and same regulars.

Yes I have been in the pub and I know which of my neighbours drink there and as a result I don't.

The Mountview was gone before Blakes Tavern was knocked. The Mountview was closed for years before it blew up. I would hazard a guess the plenty of the clientel would have gone to The Shanty or St. Perigrines club house either. Or any of the other pubs in the area.

But anywho, to the OP, welcome to the neighbourhood, can't you feel the love? :D
    Do a google map search for Clonsilla road, St Mochtas, and Lutterells Park are 2 of the estate near Coolmine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

exactly, you dont really know the area well enough to make that comment. The area has changed a lot in the last few years and quiet down a lot.

In a response to the taxi driver incident, that could have happened anywhere and the persons responsible were not from the area.

While I accept anything can happen anywhere, and the area does seem to be a lot better than it used to be in the 90's. But in fairness, Joyriders, shootings and pubs blowing up isn't that typical of D.15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

In fairness now Cymro, you live in the estates. Its different. I used to live in the Mountview area and therefore know alot of the people and would feel okay walking through some of the rougher spots, but friends of mine wouldnt go near them. Outsiders vs. locals thing 'what do you want, who are you what are you doing here?' type thing. I know a lot of Garda from Blanch station who refuse to enter some of the estates without back up, that says something. Its not as safe as living in the private estates down near coolmine and up near ongar, but it does have better community spirit and its a nice place to live and grow up in, but not to rent and be an outsider in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

I'm not sure of that, and should also mention that guy who was shot dead in Hazelwood, the guy stabbed to death outside the Budda bar, the guys shot dead on huntstown way...if the OP is looking for somewhere to rent near the station I would head down to Ongar....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres lots of places to rent in D.15 you don't have to go that far from a train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

yobr wrote: »
    I'm not sure of that, and should also mention that guy who was shot dead in Hazelwood, the guy stabbed to death outside the Budda bar, the guys shot dead on huntstown way...if the OP is looking for somewhere to rent near the station I would head down to Ongar....
    People have been shot in Ongar too.

yobr wrote: »

Ongar is not really near now is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ongar is not really near now is it.

Well, with the Dunboyne line opening "soon", it won't be far from a train station.

Not an awful lot of anything in Ongar though, and it is not really close to anywhere at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Polar101 wrote: »
    Not an awful lot of anything in Ongar though, and it is not really close to anywhere at the moment.

Its isn't that far from the blanchardstown area:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DAnlee

Would you's stop scaring me!!! I'm just an ole culchie!! My neighbours are sheep!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No sheep in the area I'm afraid. Don't know if that makes you feel more or less comfortable, but I've seen the odd horse around if that helps at all? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DAnlee

Whats Station court in Coolmines like????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 robbie00

Its not a bad spot close to coolmine train station. You have a spar and off license nearby and its about 20minute walk to the shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheHoss

Station Court is nice, no walking to the train station really which is a plus!

I'd give Mountview a miss to be honest. Don't all-out avoid it, but there's nothing there really! And that's coming from someone who's lived there 20 years! It's actually quitened down a lot and it's nice enough, but there are nicer areas if you can afford them.

Charnwood and Mount Symon are nice.

I mentioned Mountview in a sarcastic way but defended it when people thought that i was being serious.:D I still wouldnt move though.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Going off topic a bit ,but does anyone know whats being built behind the salmon pub?

A community centre.

Advertisement