Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21's

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Alright gents and laddies, going out on Monday night to club called 21's. Just wondering what the place is like, if it is a kiddie feast, whats it like on a monday, and ffs wat clothing to wear i a real noob? when it comes to this stuff any help appreicated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Well I was on the Nitelink outside it before and there was a young lady letting a guy "play" with a certain part of her in full view of everyone!

From my experience it's probably 18-20 mostly. Don't know what it's like on a Monday tbh. Dress code isn't that strict, decent shoes, jeans and a shirt is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Thanks for the fast reply tribulus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

This place is frustrating.

Clientele wise, dunno what it is like weekdays during the summer. It is jammed in the winter with the college crowd. As far as clubs in town go it is actually one of the better ones, the tunes are generally grand. Gorgeous birds, not hard to pull, good spot generally.

And now to the admission policy. Bizarre. During the week re the college kids everyone gets in (tbh if you are going to turn drunks away at the door on a college night you will have about six people inside so it is only the completely legless they keep out).

As for the weekend, this place pisses me off. Ive been three times this summer. They seem to have a policy of deciding "the next seven people get in if theyre not locked. The next five get refused regardless. Let in next five, keep the next seven out....". Girls, lads, drunk, sober, doesnt seem to matter, if they are in the wrong section of the queue they are out.

And so on. Litreally, they let maybe four at the top of the queue in, then the next half dozen or so people are shown the side rope without any convo or checking of ID, anything. A few months back I arrived with a mate, he was fairly well on. Bouncer asked had he been drinking, he said one or two. Bouncer knew he was taking the piss, asked how many really. My mate admitted eight, and we got waved in!

Second time, different mate and I arrive. They do the above policy I mentioned, let in a few at the top, sent the rest packing (even though the place wasnt near full). Went to the head bouncer, managed to talk my way in (he tried blanking me at first mind)

Fortnight ago, point blank refusal (mate had a few in him mind, but not a serious amount), this time the head dude completely ignored us when we tried talking to him (he is a tall, built dude, short reddish hair, always stands along where the cars are parked checking out the crowd and presumably signals to his doormen)

Has anyone else experienced this selective sh1t there? As a mate and myself were discussing, from working in a busy takeaway years back you recognise your customers, even if you see thousands per week you remember faces. So yeah, he prob remembers we have talked to him 1 on 1 before. Thing is we have never been in a lick of trouble in the place, yet we get this hassle whenever the red haired dude is around.

edit- has anyone ever emailed a complaint to a nightclub about this type of thing and got a positive response? Or is emailing along with a photo of yourself for good measure just asking for trouble, with the head guy likely to take the heat off himself by saying you are barred for x y and z if the manager mentions it to him. It is one of the more decent spots in town, we have never been in bother there and yet nearly every time lately there is this hassle. I could understand the likes of Lillies or wherever where it is all people who know people, exclusive spot and such, but this is just your average run of the mill spot in the same bracket as any other club. Yes, there is right of admission reserved and all that but when we go we are always well dressed, not dangerously pissed, no drugs, and respectable enough looking to get in pretty much anywhere else, so it is a bit of a kicker being refused to a decent spot where you have on multiple occasions spent a rather large amount of money. Apart from this place I havent been point blank refused for no reason from anywhere since I was 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

man thats **** i hope this dont happy to us goin out for a mates birthday wat time this place open at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

10 I think.

They go guestlist type stuff for birthdays etc, even have a room in the back you can relax in couches and all that. So if you have your mate do this and put you on the list you might have a better chance if they do the queue selective bull. They have a bebo site

http://www.bebo.com/21club

Hmm, their webmaster is online now. Maybe I should drop them a word :P Once they see my own bebo page about my interests in art, literature, peace activism and charity work they will know I am no hassle :rolleyes:

As said though never really experienced that when I went to the college popular nights, and they are probably crying out for business Monday during summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Tis an alright place. I stopped goin there a while back simply cos it was full of 16 year olds. (I'm just turned 19)

A few of my friends still go there so you kinda get a 16 - 21 type crowd. 21 being the oldest by a push probably. The doormen can be arseh*les but I've only ever had trouble with the girl.

Last time I was there the she wouldn't let two of us in with Garda IDs, said she'd only accept a passport or a second form of photo id. Which I thought was a bit ridiculous tbh. This was at about half 10, two of us, both well dressed and both stone cold sober. She then let in a bunch of total scummers without even asking them for id.

The place itself is alright though, I've had many a good night there really!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Knock that idea on the head and just go to Coppers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

On a Monday, it seems to be full of 16-20 year olds, never seen so many happy people to be just allowed into a club.

It's 10 on the door, and 3euro a drink.

Music is OK, doesn't get too packed, that would change when the colleges get back

Advertisement