Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Show...

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Who else is going? I'm doing the Lighweight Ridden Hunter class :) I got my number and "exhibitors card" in the post whilst I was away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Wow, you're going to be busy for those few days, with the RDS Thursday-Saturday and Tullamore on Sunday. Are you staying up in Dublin for the show or will you going to travel up and down each day? It'll definitely add to the pressure of preparation for Sunday and getting all the last minute bits-and-pieces sorted. Or do you have somebody to help you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 FoxyxxxLoxy

Hi,

Yep i'm off to the Tullamore Show too. Doing the Med Weight, Working Hunter and 2yr old class so i'll be busy busy. Best of luck to anyone else going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Tullamore seems to have a great range of classes.

Good luck to anyone going... hope the floods hold off this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Good luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

convert wrote: »
    Wow, you're going to be busy for those few days, with the RDS Thursday-Saturday and Tullamore on Sunday. Are you staying up in Dublin for the show or will you going to travel up and down each day? It'll definitely add to the pressure of preparation for Sunday and getting all the last minute bits-and-pieces sorted. Or do you have somebody to help you?
    Only stayed for a few hours this morning at the RDS, so I spent this afternoon tack cleaning and grooming Ali - he's now spotless! It's still p*ssing rain down here though :( Hopefully the weather will improve slightly tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 yoganmahew

I am sorry to say that the Tullamore Show has been cancelled this year. This is due to the heavy recent rain which has rendered the showgrounds unsafe.

All involved are very disappointed, particularly since the hard work has already been done.
    http://www.tullamoreshow.com/

I posted about it being cancelled earlier - Such a pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoganmahew

Alibear wrote: »
    I posted about it being cancelled earlier - Such a pity :(
    Yeah, sorry about that - I had to register and didn't re-search after I'd registered.

Yes, it's terrible. Especially with it being a carbon-copy of last year. Very disspiriting for all involved - organisers, competitors/exhibitors, and visitors.

It's awful that Tullamore had to be cancelled for the second year running and such a pity for all those who put in such a huge effort to have everything right for the day. Was there no option to re-schedule it to another date, even mid week?

yoganmahew wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry about that - I had to register and didn't re-search after I'd registered.

Yes, it's terrible. Especially with it being a carbon-copy of last year. Very disspiriting for all involved - organisers, competitors/exhibitors, and visitors.
    Some people may not have seen my other thread and vice-versa so don't worry :) They lost over €150,000 last year, so I dread to think what they lost this year...

It's awful that Tullamore had to be cancelled for the second year running and such a pity for all those who put in such a huge effort to have everything right for the day. Was there no option to re-schedule it to another date, even mid week?
    Well they haven't confirmed yet if they're going to reschedule it or not again this year. I honestly think that they should change it to an earlier or later date next year. I know we aren't guaranteed to have a drier July or September, but August always seems to be the wettest month judging by this year and last year.

It won't be quite the same really if they change the date (if that makes sense?), but I think it may be something they'll consider...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Hi I might be a bit niave but would it not be worth thier while to erect an indoor arena if they're losin so much money the last two years in a row? If they were to change the date you're still not guaranteed good weather (which here equates to cloudy and mildly drizzling:pac:) but if it could be held indoors then it would certainly avoid a lot of dissapointment. I would imagine its very disheartening to work so hard and make all the sacrifices for it all to come to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

It would take a huge indoor to accomodate the amount of livestock classes that are on the schedule for Tullamore. They had over 1000 horses entered.

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    Hi I might be a bit niave but would it not be worth thier while to erect an indoor arena if they're losin so much money the last two years in a row? If they were to change the date you're still not guaranteed good weather (which here equates to cloudy and mildly drizzling:pac:) but if it could be held indoors then it would certainly avoid a lot of dissapointment. I would imagine its very disheartening to work so hard and make all the sacrifices for it all to come to nothing

While that sounds good in theory, you have to remember that Tullamore Show is an agricultural show, not just a horse show. Not only would they have at least 8 - 10 arenas for horses (showing, show-jumping and pony classes)- it also caters for livestock, with a huge number of championships for cattle and sheep. Moreover, there are acres dedicated to huge numbers of stands for agricultural machinery, garden centres, tack shops, etc., etc., etc. Any attempt to build an indoor arena, even just a temporary structure, would be completely unfeasible.

Advertisement