Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway coming to Dungarvan?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

That's the word I've been hearing. Haven't been there in months though. Any idea whether there's truth in it or where it's going to be?

All that's missing is a KFC or a Burger King ;).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Don't get to worked up I don't think its all that nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wouldn't mind a Subway. Haven't heard anything about it coming to Dungarvan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Heard a metro was coming to dublin........but i wont hold my breath !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I heard about the Subway thing alright. The Naked Lunch are opening a coffee shop in Bean a Leanna. Someone joked that that area will be known as the sandwich quarter, so I guess Subway must be going in around there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I think its opening where Powers the butchers should be if what I heard is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

That'd be pretty cool, Dungarvan needs a subway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mr l

They are coming to dungarvan and are going to be located in the old mckeons shoe shop on connell st (houlihan st;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

how many sandwhich places are thare in dungarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Quikpick, Jitterbeans, Supermarkets, Bagel Bar, O'Briens,
    as well as the cafes, Interlude etc..
    But then again Dungarvan likes lots of the same types of business,
    i.e. Hairdressers, Chemists and Bookies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Btw, surely we could get a HMV or Zavvi (virgin) into one of the units along the cinema row, preferably the one opposite the civic offices, nice open type shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Don't see why not. I see another rip off chain (Gamestop) have opened so why not Zavvi or HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Apologies for resurrecting my old thread but had to for memory's sake. :pac:

So Subway came and went. Sad to see another business close. I'm wondering was it to do with location rather than product - afterall McDonald's appears to be printing money.

There was a rumour that the planning application granted for Campus was to include a Supermacs but it doesn't look like anything is going ahead there any time soon. There was also that thread from years ago mentioning KFC was coming to town where Robbie's Kitchen now The Raj is.

It would be nice to see new business/development in the town. Not just fast food, obviously. :pac: Anyone hear anything interesting in the grapevine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I like subway but thought the place was very tatty to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

FGR wrote: »
    Apologies for resurrecting my old thread but had to for memory's sake. :pac:

So Subway came and went. Sad to see another business close. I'm wondering was it to do with location rather than product - afterall McDonald's appears to be printing money.

There was a rumour that the planning application granted for Campus was to include a Supermacs but it doesn't look like anything is going ahead there any time soon. There was also that thread from years ago mentioning KFC was coming to town where Robbie's Kitchen now The Raj is.

It would be nice to see new business/development in the town. Not just fast food, obviously. :pac: Anyone hear anything interesting in the grapevine?

They were really only busy at the usual times, lunchtime for(during school terms) and on Saturday afternoons, apart from that it was pretty empty.

These places need a constant turn over to remain open.

I'd imagine it just wasn't busy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It was always empty anytime I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Now the Raj is closed. It's not good news for the town, sadly.

Advertisement