Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane workmen!

Options
  • 07-08-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I live on a road in Cork City that's currently being completly redone. It's a very busy road so naturally the corporation are trying to get it done fast.

However, this morning they started shifting plastic road blocks at 6.50am! Very noisy. Yesterday they started drilling at 7.30 etc. What's a householder able to do about this? Besides offer tea laced with sedatives so I can sleep past 7am ;p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Usually the local authority imposes restrictions on the building works between certain hours....the site can open and close at whatever hour but cannot start loud work e.g drilling before a certain hour typically 7:30 or 8 am and then must finish before another set time.

Best bet is to ring your local authoirty to find out for sure, then if it persists to happen report it to them and the gardai.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

taram wrote: »
    I live on a road in Cork City that's currently being completly redone. It's a very busy road so naturally the corporation are trying to get it done fast.

However, this morning they started shifting plastic road blocks at 6.50am! Very noisy. Yesterday they started drilling at 7.30 etc. What's a householder able to do about this? Besides offer tea laced with sedatives so I can sleep past 7am ;p

I know its no consolation Taram- but at least the job is getting done quickly. The normal rules governing construction and remedial works, differ depending on whether the area is classified as a residential or a commercial area, and have differing rules (as per the black book) governing them. Normally construction would be between the hours of 7AM and 10PM in a residential area (they may work overnight in non-residential areas, but they don't tend to do so). Weekend work, and work on holidays have different conditions attached to it.

Advertisement