Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband gone tits up

Options
  • 07-08-2008 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

okay well ive had my broadband for about a year now

the other day i turned on my PC to go on the net only to find that the internet is not working.still says that the broadband is connected and working at full capacity but i still cant connect to the internet.am connected through ethernet cable to the router.am also connected wirelessly to my laptop which is working perfectly.

tried replacing the ethernet cable to no avail.tried repairing the connection and everything else that troubleshooting could give me but still no joy.even went into some of the advanced settings for the broadband but couldnt figure anything out

anyone got any ideas???

im on BT broadband by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

run your anti virus

did you recently update your drivers if so roll back the driver for your Ethernet connection

if you didnt try unstalling the driver and reinstalling it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Have you Zone Alarms on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Have you Zone Alarms on your PC?

yeah i have Zone Alarm on my PC
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    run your anti virus

did you recently update your drivers if so roll back the driver for your Ethernet connection

if you didnt try unstalling the driver and reinstalling it again

tried uninstalling the driver but no use.ran anti-virus too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Thats your problem then. There was a microsoft update a few weeks back which caused problems with people using ZA. You will have to disable Zone alarms or adjust your security settings to get it back going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thats your problem then. There was a microsoft update a few weeks back which caused problems with people using ZA. You will have to disable Zone alarms or adjust your security settings to get it back going again.

Correct.

Fix: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement