Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERROR: general failure writing drive c

Options
  • 07-08-2008 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Ok am a long time modder from retro to new gen anyways. I have a second 360 and I am trying to flash it both iprep and dosflash but I keep running into this error.

general failure writing drive c

I am using a usb because I dont have a floppy drive. why cant iprep or dosflash write on it? USB are read and write.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Where exactly are you having this problem? When you're trying to make the memory stick or when your using it (I presume its this one)?

If it is the latter, what command is it happening at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Where exactly are you having this problem? When you're trying to make the memory stick or when your using it (I presume its this one)?

If it is the latter, what command is it happening at?

Its later:
    The usb boots up win98boot
    iprep......license agreement press yes
    Then Dben xxxxxxx xxxxx
    the..
    General failure to write drive c
    retry, abort cancle.

in Dosflash
    later on when the switch the xbox on and off to get 0xf3 i think, the good one anyways.

i get reading block....0
    General failure to write drive c
    retry, abort cancle.

Also my usb was formatted using:
    boot98.zip
    hp boot maker
    then iprep

EDIT: sorry didnt read all your post properly. I used iprep to format my stick and make it bootable and worked alright for me

have you modded 360s before? Iprep ever work for you?

iprep doesnt work for me ,the sitck it makes does just not that "dben xxxxxx xxxx" command

try this

Note: I'm pretty sure the address of the name of the benq firmware is "benq-cfw.bin" not "ben-cfw.bin" (I can no longer edit it)

Also when was the console manufactured?

I usually get to
    enter the name of your firmware (call it "backup.bin" or something)

and the reading block 0
    then the error.

I will try again later 2night.

• Advertisement

when in Dos try make a folder to test wrting to the memory stick
    mkdir testfolder

should do it, but that could be just linux :)

when in Dos try make a folder to test wrting to the memory stick
    mkdir testfolder

should do it, but that could be just linux :)

i love linux aswell suse :) looking for suse x64. Anyways
    I tried that which it should work but it didn't i got the same error so now I am thinking its my usb :(

I have formatted it and still the win 98boot still starts. Is my usb not formatting?
    I tried the mkdir in windows dos and it worked but when i boot up dos after restart i got the error in iprep.

Enlighten me!

I'm pretty sure iprep/dosflash uses Dos from Windows 98 so thats the splash screen you are seeing.

do you have another memory stick you can try? Maybe try a diffrent usb port? I wonder are your Usb drivers fully supported in Windows 98, maybe they are read only?

If im the most knowlagable person to give you advice... you are in trouble! :)

Its do now :D The problem was my usb but I used another usb and bam its done.

Advertisement