Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What little things are you good at?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

There was no question mark in my post...
    "...she upped and left without saying a word and you never ever saw her again...."
    I'm good at correcting grammar :)

A smiley face is not a full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I'm pretty good with numbers.

I can remember the faces of people I've seen on the train, months after I've first seen them.

I'm good at making tea and I make a killer beans on toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Jiving, but only doing the female part, I hate it when I dance with another girl and she wants me to lead, its just not happening!!

Lyrics, useless trivia, Greek mythology in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭A_M101

I am a very good car parker - parallel, reversing, the simple drive straight in, all done swifly and neatly. I am good.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

robby^5 wrote: »
    Rolling joints

+1 We should have a roll off to see who is crowned the rolling Queen (or King!):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

javaboy wrote: »
    A smiley face is not a full stop.

javaboy loves Pighead.
    javaboy loves Pighead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Remembering useless and random facts & Trivia. Were I one of my friends I would hate me for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

andrew wrote: »
    Remembering useless and random facts & Trivia. Were I one of my friends I would hate me for it.

Have to keep folks like you round for pub quizzes.
    The trick is to just shut up and eat your crisps in between the rounds.
    Capital of Kazakhstan?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

scaring people away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Procrastination. If it were an olympic sport I'd probably be in Beijing right now, although I'd probably wait till the event in London!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im good at sky diving, kayaking, beach volley, power boating, gymnastics, Triathlon, basketball, waterball, rock climbing, bungee, base jumping, skate boarding, surfing, shark fighting, whale spotting, archery, heat induction, decathlon, equestrian, sailing, boating, frisbee, crocodile wrestling, mind bending, rollercoasting, air hockey, motorsports, tight rope walking, trapeeze artistry, juggling, para sailing, bee counting, pain tolerance, kite flying, jet skiing, can't swim.

faceman wrote: »
    Im good at sky diving, kayaking, beach volley, power boating, gymnastics, Triathlon, basketball, waterball, rock climbing, bungee, base jumping, skate boarding, surfing, shark fighting, whale spotting, archery, heat induction, decathlon, equestrian, sailing, boating, frisbee, crocodile wrestling, mind bending, rollercoasting, air hockey, motorsports, tight rope walking, trapeeze artistry, juggling, para sailing, bee counting, pain tolerance, kite flying, jet skiing, can't swim.

Yeah but I'd kick your ass at buckaroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Waking up a few seconds before my alarm goes off. Must be my internal clock. I also seem to be very good at predicting events down the line, i.e family problems and knowing what is going to happen in a years time, a chain of events. Also anything technical related, computers, tv, dvd players etc. I have always used them and know my way around any faults, saves on expensive call outs by technicians. I also love writing, can't get enough of it.

I'm good at being recognisably Irish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Have to keep folks like you round for pub quizzes.
    The trick is to just shut up and eat your crisps in between the rounds.
    Capital of Kazakhstan?

Why Astana of course*

I know a guy who knows all the capital cities of every country in the world. Our principal, on visits to classes around the school, would often name a random country and have him give the capital.

*...yeah, I googled that one

Boo-urns.
    You're dropped from the pub quiz. Your friend is subbed in!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm great at putting things bluntly.

If people cry, all the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I loves cooking. Make a bad ass froi, and a great creamy chicken pasta. Christmas dinner is a cook-fest for me, move over Nigella ;)
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    You know when something flys off the table all of a sudden, without warning because someone dropped it or knocked it or whatever, and you stick out your hand and catch it- pure reaction.. I'm very good at that.

Im the same, fast reflex. But you were given this talent for a reason, so use it! I use mine every weekend in town. I fleeces *everyone* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I'm good at remembering number sequences, but not words. Oh, and I'm handy with DIY stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Phone numbers, and frothing milk, and brushing my teeth without getting toothpaste all over my face

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I make fcuking great cupcakes. It's taken a few years but damn I have perfected them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 citeal

I can recount entire conversations word for word. it doesn't matter how long ago it was (within reason - I don't remember converstaions from when i was 3) or how well I know the person. I have to tone it done in order to not freak people out or have them think (mistakenly) that I'm obsessed with them & hanging on their every word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Pighead are you sure the interference isn't on the pc speakers and not in your head........:p....cos that happens to everyone!

I am a good driver and parker :D

I can also do a convincing impression of being interested in ppls babbies and kids, when really Im very bored and counting the minutes until I can escape...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

Making shortbread...

It's widely acknowledged to be the best:D

Also very good at wasting time...although that's not necessarily a good thing:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

SpookyDoll wrote: »
    Pighead are you sure the interference isn't on the pc speakers and not in your head........:p....cos that happens to everyone!
    Nope, definitely not interference from the computer. Definitely inside the old noggin. It's a strange place in there.

Pighead can also pick out unmarked guard cars. When they speed by a siren goes off inside his head which causes him to say "Hmmmm, that must be an unmarked guards car that has just sped by"

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

writing complaining letters to get free stuff :) and scrammbled egg.....bleedin' deadly at that.......mates and I haven't found any as good yet - and we have been sampling for years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Abigayle wrote: »
    IIm the same, fast reflex. But you were given this talent for a reason, so use it! I use mine every weekend in town. I fleeces *everyone*

Teach me the ways of the fleecer. I'm a fast learner and I have my own transport.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead can also pick out unmarked guard cars. When they speed by a siren goes off inside his head which causes him to say "Hmmmm, that must be an unmarked guards car that has just sped by"

Did you ever find you get a sort of alarming sensation whenever your neighbours are or aren't being burgled?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Did you ever find you get a sort of alarming sensation whenever your neighbours are or aren't being burgled?
    All the time Earthhorse. Are you suffering from these afflictions as well? Maybe we are the vessels that God has chosen to pass on noises he couldn't express outside his head. Or maybe we've gone a bit schizo. Either way, we're special.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Blending in. Adapting to situations.

Making tea.

Thatching.

Milking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Pighead wrote: »
    Are you suffering from these afflictions as well?

No, but I saw a movie about it once. It was about this kid that could hear things, things no one else could hear.

I think it was called Home Alone.

Advertisement