Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge exchange

Options
  • 07-08-2008 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where the exchange is located in Newbridge (Co Kildare). Namely, I'm due to be upgraded to BT 7.6 on saturday but even though I am getting 3 MB now some do not reckon the line is capable for higher sppeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Daemonic wrote: »

Thanks daemonic. wasn't aware of that. It appears that I am less than a km away from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

I couldn't see any newbridge exchange on that map.

The OP refers to two maps but only one is showing, am I missing a link?

regedit wrote: »
    Does anybody know where the exchange is located in Newbridge (Co Kildare). Namely, I'm due to be upgraded to BT 7.6 on saturday but even though I am getting 3 MB now some do not reckon the line is capable for higher sppeds?

Regedit, how do you find the BT service in newbridge, especially for gaming which is a big thing in our house?

I'm looking at a possible move from eircom, while line quailty is excellent it is expensive for what I get at present which is the 2 meg line and BT speeds look very tasty.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I am on the newbridge exchange pings always below 20ms pinging boards now at an average of 12ms so now problems there.

I have had BT since I moved into Newbridge a year ago and never one problem.

Hope this helps
    TCP/IP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Never issues here either. Moved to Newbridge about two years ago and are since with BT. Pings are somewhat higher but I think that is due to the hardware here rather than the line itself.

306243640.png

The link to Newbridge exchange seems to have gotten edited. BTW, it's in Cutlery road so should be easy to predict.

thanks lads.

BTW is BT going have the 24m available in newbridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Newbridge exchange is behind the post office, red-brick building on right as you enter Bord na Mona :)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

h2s wrote: »
    thanks lads.

BTW is BT going have the 24m available in newbridge?

That is the golden question. The exchange is adsl2 enabled but BT would need there kit in it first.

Advertisement