Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bulk Transfer Of CD Library To Hard Disk

• 07-08-2008 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Spent a couple of hours this week cataloguing my jazz CD collection (about 900 discs in all). I would really like to transfer the entire collection to a hard disk (iTunes) just to make listening across the collection less of a chore. Does anybody know of any company in the Cork area providing this service?

I should stress that my motives are pure....I'm not trying to share/sell my digital copies....this is purely for personal convenience. Having said that, what I'm looking for may not be strictly legal either...I have a faint recollection that there was a company Dublin providing this service but they were closed down.

Anyhow, any advice greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

The only services I know of are in the US. SO you may have to bite the bullet and do it yourself :D

It's not so bad, takes 10-15 minutes to rip a CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

at 10 mins a CD thats 150 Hours!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Conor108 wrote: »
    at 10 mins a CD thats 150 Hours!:eek::eek:

Yip, and my CD collection was around 1500 when I ripped it, plus downloading the cover art and fixing the MP3 tags. Twas a long job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

There is a company based in Dublin (on mount street if memory serves me) that is a partner of ripfactory.

According to their website they have only one company in Ireland that are listed and that's in Belfast (Ripfactory, 244 whitehall rd, Belfast) but I definitely got some info sent to me in the last 10 months that was offering the service in Dublin. I'll try find the info and post it when I do.

Alternatively you could try a ripserver which is a NAS with cd drive built in which would speed things up.

ripserverwebimage.jpg

Advertisement