Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Valeting

Options
  • 07-08-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in or around Sligo that valets cars? The only place I know is in Tuam. Haven't had a chance to clean it after my 1,800 miles the other week, and with the wedding and all the ferrying of relatives I have over the next few days I need it all shiney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You could try this guy Fozzle.

http://www.mcv.ie/contact.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I can't remember the name of the garage, but it's out on your way towards Bertie's Pitch and Putt, in Ballinode. I think they do valeting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

:eek: Jeesus, I can't afford him! That level of care would be wasted on my car anyway :o I just need someone to give it a regular kind of clean out - you know, vacuum, a bit of a polish, nothin mad. I just simply don't have the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

fozzle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's anywhere in or around Sligo that valets cars? The only place I know is in Tuam. Haven't had a chance to clean it after my 1,800 miles the other week, and with the wedding and all the ferrying of relatives I have over the next few days I need it all shiney.

There's a place that's opened recently in Grange (it's at the Texaco Garage) I got my car done there at the weekend and was very impressed. He has 4 different prices... depending what you want done.

(<snip> - I've pmed the number and name onto Fozzle for you jabby. tak)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

The 4 Bay car wash place on the Bundoran road do a mini-valet where they don't take out the seats but they do nearly everything else, I had my car done there once and I think they did a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

There's a valeting service in the car park at the Quay shopping centre. Not sure how much but I think they have basic to extensive service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

:eek: Jeesus, I can't afford him! That level of care would be wasted on my car anyway :o I just need someone to give it a regular kind of clean out - you know, vacuum, a bit of a polish, nothin mad. I just simply don't have the time!

Sorry, but someone has to ask this..... If it just needs a regular clean out, why not get the hoover out and give it a once over. It'll also give you an excuse to get out that car washing kit of yours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

There's a couple of Russian/Lithuainian/Estonian guys doing this and charge very reasonable rates....will post details tomorrow when sober and remember their names.

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Sorry, but someone has to ask this..... If it just needs a regular clean out, why not get the hoover out and give it a once over. It'll also give you an excuse to get out that car washing kit of yours

Pathetic, aren't I? I just honestly don't have time. My hoover is crap so it'd take about 2.5 hours just to hoover the feckin thing - I usually don't mind - I'm usually the one who cleans mine and my fiance's (I buy way too much cleaning crap in Halfords ^^), but I honestly can't afford the time - need to be on the road to Waterford by lunch time, still have to pack, have a list of jobs to do in town as long as my arm - I just want to throw the car in somewhere and go and do everything else. Truth is I should have cleaned it a week ago but I got lazy and now I'm stuck - ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

We wanted our car hoovered out before its NCT, didn't have time either, but the cheapest place was the Quayside 50 euro and they wanted to wash it as well.
    I ended up at 10pm trying the hoover the blooming thing out in the end.
    Whens the wedding Fozzle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Just wanted to say Good Luck Fozzle!!!! Hope everything goes well for your wedding day. Will we get to see a photo when you come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Best of luck Fozzle, I hope everything goes well for you! :D

Near sure it's monday Val! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yes, BEST OF LUCK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Besy of luck Fozzle, I hope it all goes well for you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Um, probably a bit late with this one, but there used to be a guy in Stuart and Porters yard.Can't remember his name. It's beside Feeney's Garden center and Flanagans Cycles just off the Market Yard. And I think there's a place in Rathcormac, up by Collins' pub around the Citroen garage.
    Anyhoo, best of luck and congratulations:).

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, it's Monday - argh! Went to the lads in quayside - she's nice and shiney now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, it's Monday - argh! Went to the lads in quayside - she's nice and shiney now!

But what about the car?:pac::D

Advertisement