Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for schools

Options
  • 07-08-2008 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this? I can't find any info on Eircom's website. I'm involved in a new school startup this September and iirc there's a broadband for schools program giving cheap connections or something like that.

Any info gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Macros42 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about this? I can't find any info on Eircom's website. I'm involved in a new school startup this September and iirc there's a broadband for schools program giving cheap connections or something like that.

Any info gratefully received.

Have you tried getting on to the department and see do they have any advice?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The NCTE are the people you need to talk to -

www.ncte.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That has exactly what I'm looking for - thanks a mill.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That has exactly what I'm looking for - thanks a mill.

OP whats the roll number of your school, you may be on my list, PM me if you want.

Your list?

20292E

I should point out that the school isn't open yet - the building is still going up so I'd be surprised if this is on anyone's list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Your list?

20292E

I should point out that the school isn't open yet - the building is still going up so I'd be surprised if this is on anyone's list.

I working on the BB for schools project at the moment with one of the BB providers, Its not on my list but if it's still being built then thats not much of a surprise :rolleyes:

NCTE are the people to contact if you want to get included on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Doesn't run out of money/end or whatever this November?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Not quite.

I have given him the info he needs via pm.

Hi again. Could any of the guys in the know check if this school is on any lists? Allegedly ICT is part of the school handover on Friday and it's due to open next Monday.
    Thanks.

Hi again. Could any of the guys in the know check if this school is on any lists? Allegedly ICT is part of the school handover on Friday and it's due to open next Monday.
    Thanks.
    Whats the roll number macros?

EDIT: sorry I presume its the same roll number as above? If so I wont be starting up a DSL connection for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement