Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football 2008

• 07-08-2008 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Trying to put my fantasy football team together now on fantasy.premierleague.com.

Any opinions on who's going to be the bargain players of next season?

Is it worth spending 14 million on ronaldo out of the 100 million budget?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

alonso at 6m is a steal...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

alonso at 6m is a steal...

Woll Alonso get to play though, not likely unfortunatley as he is one of the leagues best passers.

Stephen Ireland is my one, 5.5 million and he won't lose points for being a complete t*t lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

MOG7 wrote: »
    Woll Alonso get to play though, not likely unfortunatley as he is one of the leagues best passers.

Stephen Ireland is my one, 5.5 million and he won't lose points for being a complete t*t lol

If Alonso doesnt go i would be surprised if we buy Barry; therefore Alonso will play...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

If Alonso doesnt go i would be surprised if we buy Barry; therefore Alonso will play...

But who is Alonso going to replace in the Pool team? Gerrard? Obviously not. Mascherano? i can't see that happening.

I'd love to see Alonso move on to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Benitez usually plays Masch and Alonso paired together with Gerrard just ahead of them.

6.0 is a bargain tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Having problems settling on a starting XI

A good bargain could be Pienaar at Everton (5.5m) or Bojinov at City (6m) - there was a lot of talk about him last yr before he got injured

Dont think id risk Ireland - wondering about Deco - 9m is tempting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

MOG7 wrote: »
    But who is Alonso going to replace in the Pool team? Gerrard? Obviously not. Mascherano? i can't see that happening.

I'd love to see Alonso move on to Arsenal.
    Why does it have to be 2 of the 3? Gerrard, Mash, Alonso, Benayoun, Keane and Torres for the front 6 players. That leaves just Babel as a player plenty would see as a first teamer.

Anyway, Michael Johnson at 6m for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

I think Danny Guthrie could do well this year for Newcastle, only 5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If you're looking for a relatively cheap player around the £6m mark who you're pretty much guaranteed will get games, then you could do a lot worse than Simon Davies of Fulham.

He notched up 36 appearances last season, provided 8 assists (more than Arteta and Downing) and scored 5 goals (one behind Bentley).

I'm not sure if I'll need him personally as I'm pretty set on my midfield at the minute, but as I say for a cheap-ish option he's one of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭seandugg

Is everyone steering clear of the 14m for ronaldo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

seandugg wrote: »
    Is everyone steering clear of the 14m for ronaldo?

Hes injured til October so yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Advertisement