Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing test centre

Options
  • 07-08-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just got the date for my test (5th September) but its in Dundalk. I requested Drogheda. Like various other posters here I tried ringing the RSA but to no avail, emailed them on Tuesday to their info address, no reply yet. The letter and website give directions for cancelling but not changing the test route.

Just wondering what people think I should do? Will it be a problem switching because Drogheda is SGS? Why would they have given my Dundalk instead of Drogheda when my address is south of Drog & nowhere near Dundalk! Anyway, replies gratefully received :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

rhapsody wrote: »
    Will it be a problem switching because Drogheda is SGS?
    Of course it will. You have no automatic entitlement to be tested by SGS regardless of your address. They are allocated a radom selection of RSA applications. You were not included in that random selection and, therefore you will have your test conducted by the RSA in Dundalk.

(Those who are selected to be tested by SGS have the option of deciding to be tested in an SGS test centre of their choice).

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Its not that I want to be tested by SGS over RSA, but I thought the RSA transferred tests to SGS centres based on the address of the applicant i.e. Dundalk is a good bit away from me (60 min-ish) and Drogheda is my closest test centre (10 min-ish) so logically I should be given Drogheda?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rhapsody wrote: »
    Its not that I want to be tested by SGS over RSA, but I thought the RSA transferred tests to SGS centres based on the address of the applicant i.e. Dundalk is a good bit away from me (60 min-ish) and Drogheda is my closest test centre (10 min-ish) so logically I should be given Drogheda?

Nope thats nothing to do with where you live in location to the centre, its luck of the draw

crapola. Now have to go get a bunch of lessons in Dundalk in the next month. dam you RSA.

Thanks all for the replies :)

• Advertisement

Just to let people know, I got a call this morning from the RSA (following my email last Tuesay) to say it would not be possible to alter my test centre. She said if I cancelled, I would be given another date in three months time in Dundalk. It was almost funny how unpleasant she was, and slightly outraged that I would request such a thing. I barely said a word on the phone (it was 8.30am & she had woken me) so I dont know why she was so annoyed over it. Maybe she's just sick of people like me expecting them to provide a service that SGS does.

Dundalk here I come! :D

Advertisement