Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Broadband without phone line rental??

Options
  • 07-08-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

recently moved into a new house and I'm looking to get Broadband. I rang Eircom as the previous owners used Eircom and they said yeah no prob, 30 reconnection and 30 connection for BB, then 30p/m for the line rental and the 30p/m for BB.

Basically is there a cheaper way of me going about getting it installed, I dont fancy having to pay 30p/m for a phone line I'm never going to use on top of the BB fee. NTL said they dont do BB in my area which was my other option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

to get dsl ya need a phone line so ya will have to pay eircom to connect ya and then ya could move to utv or ibb or somone like that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Line rental is to pay for the upkeep of the two copper wires that go from your house to the exchange. Only right that you should pay for them if you use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

You cant buy naked DSL in Ireland sadly....

You could use an LLU provider for lower cost - ourselves (smart) , BT or magnet are all LLU providers.

Advertisement