Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport Tycoon toooooooooo old??????

Options
  • 07-08-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I recently bought the original transport tycoon game for the pc only to be totally dissapointed when i got home to find that it doesnt work on windows xp. Im sure by now that this game is so old that there is a downloadable version of this somewhere on the net.
    Any ideas????
    Ad.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

adzer86 wrote: »
    I recently bought the original transport tycoon game for the pc only to be totally dissapointed when i got home to find that it doesnt work on windows xp. Im sure by now that this game is so old that there is a downloadable version of this somewhere on the net.
    Any ideas????
    Ad.

Have you tried it in DosBox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

A quick google for "transport tycoon" "windows xp" returns a load of hits - I'm sure there's a patch in there somewhere.

Can't check them out as most game-related stuff is blocked at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

What you want is openttd... its a full rewrite (needs some graphic/sounds files from the original) of the game...

its got loads of new stuff... online play ... and its still in a very active development stage with major updates every few months....

and its free!!

http://www.openttd.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Second openttd. You need the original game to get the full benefit, so it wasn't a complete waste of money, and openttd has so much more than the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jhegarty wrote: »
    What you want is openttd... its a full rewrite (needs some graphic/sounds files from the original) of the game...

its got loads of new stuff... online play ... and its still in a very active development stage with major updates every few months....

and its free!!

http://www.openttd.org/

Used to play TTD on my old 486.. Was delighted when I came across OpenTTD about 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

L31mr0d wrote: »

no good mate, as i said it would have to work on windows xp. this download only work on win95,98

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Can't you just use DOSBox to run it on XP? According to here it is supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Was a great game. Used to play it back in the day but I just wouldn't have the heart to get it sorted out and then learn how to play it again.

Takes 5 mins..

• Advertisement

No but figuring out which buildings take what stock and how the **** to do the signalling stuff etc. I dunno, I'm just too damn lazy I guess.

Shambles tbh!

Harsh but fair.

Advertisement