Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on buying a new bike ?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

hi
    i am actually training for a triathlon and have been using a hybrid bike , however i think now i have to give in and buy a road bike , what and where should i look for one ?, my budget will be no more than €400 , i am female , around 5 2" ( maybe 5 3") , 54kg ( dont know if this matters), i have been looking on ebay but i really dont have a clue :confused: so all help is welcome:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

For €400 second-hand is really your only option. You will get something decent at that price second-hand but it may be difficult to find something in your size, women also tend to have different torso/leg ratios to men so you may want to consider a female-specific geometry.

Weight is not an issue, your height and more particularly your torso and leg lengths will be key. It's important that the bike fits you, more important than anything else about it; I'd not buy your first road bike online.

Ideally stick your budget up just a bit and get an entry-level Giant, Trek, Specialized etc. in a local bike shop that will size you. Giant have the cheapest entry-level offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Advertisement