Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This kind of rubbish coming to Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Right, schoolchildren.

Ok, so if both sides are presented, why not more? Flying Spaghetti Monsterism? If not, why? Also, you don't see the danger in presenting evolution/ID side-by-side?

Well I don't have a problem letting 12 year olds decide if it's done properly./

And ffs I never said that side by side part. Read the post. There's evidence for evolution so that can go in biology. My brother's doing leaving cert religion at the moment and he learns about Christianity, Judaism, Islam, budhism etc, don't see the problem with throwing ID in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Well I don't have a problem letting 12 year olds decide if it's done properly./

And ffs I never said that side by side part. Read the post. There's evidence for evolution so that can go in biology. My brother's doing leaving cert religion at the moment and he learns about Christianity, Judaism, Islam, budhism etc, don't see the problem with throwing ID in there too.

Ah, I thought you meant in science class. Although I do have a problem with children being taught to decide on blind faith rather than evidence. I happen to believe that the best way to train a young mind is to teach him/her to have healthy skeptical/critical skills.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There is a very valid reason for not teaching impressionable minds about ID. That is because evolution is a rational theory. ID is a cobbled together pile of nonsense. Grown adults struggle to cope with this fact. Why should we burden school children? Religion has no place whatsoever in the classroom at all. Let alone it's associated nonsenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

My brother's doing leaving cert religion at the moment and he learns about Christianity, Judaism, Islam, budhism etc, don't see the problem with throwing ID in there too.

Ohh, the ID crowd would not like that, the insist it is not religion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wicknight wrote: »
    Ohh, the ID crowd would not like that, the insist it is not religion :pac:

And that is the defining point. The ID crowd want it taught as legitimate scientific theory. Of course it does not belong in the science class because it has no scientific merit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement