Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny... but annoying after a while!!

Options
  • 07-08-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

This would be funny if it weren't for the sleep deprivation!

My WIFE'S three year old Weimaraner has a new habit. When he sleeps he has the most amazing dreams. It sounds like there is an orange march in the back garden.

While he is dreaming of running his paws are bashing against the side of the kennel. Its one of those plastic igloo type of kennels and the noise is unbelievable, its a constant thump, thump thump that goes on for ages. Even with the double glazed window closed he wakes us up nearly every night. We have to shout down to him to wake up, sometimes one of us has to go down and actually shake him! Our neighbour is lovely and says she doesn't hear us. I think she does and her good nature is taking over.

Obviously the answer is a bigger (maybe wooden kennel), we are in the process of getting one. But if anyone has come across this and came up with a solution I would appreciate it if you could share it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Caroline B

I wouldn't replace with wooden kennel, it sounds just as bad - I've a staff does the same thing!

Is it possible to pad the walls of the kennel, blankets or something, make it muffled?

The other possibility is taking him for a run just before bed, I find mine go into deep sleeps with no movement when you do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Thanks Caroline, the kennel I am getting to replace the smaller igloo one is nearly a meter wide, I was thinking his legs wouldn't reach across if he lies on his side. I will try lining it if it keeps happening.

(He won't sleep inside incase anyone suggests it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Caroline B

My staff leans against the corner, hence the noise..

well good luck with him anyway!! (ear plugs for you otherwise!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Thanks Caroline.

Advertisement