Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle Prices

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering what price you would expect to pay for a second hand saddle?

The saddle in question is a 16 inch Berney's saddle which is about 5 or 6 years old and in excellent condition (it's like new, literally - it was really well looked after) and has just been recently re-stuffed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Should get a good price for that. At least 400 euro? I don't really know but i would give that for a saddle like that if i were looking (which i'm not) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It's been years since I bought a saddle, so I'm completely out of the loop on this. Planning to have a look around the RDS this week and take note of the various prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

i know a new berneys saddle is going for 675 for a gp, had to price one last week. so i suppose about 300 - 400 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've just purchased a saddle almost exactly like the one you described, and paid 400 for it.
    The new berneys are sold at the show for about 770 or so and that doesn't include girth, leathers or stirrups, but they do also have a few second handers there and most have been reconditioned by them too and are usually in excellent condition, well worth looking at.

Didn't sell my saddle in the end, but am thinking of doing so now, hence a quick follow on question... Would you advise selling the saddle privately or through a saddlery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'd go with a saddlery tbh. Wouldnt be bothered with the hassle otherwise.

Simon Porter is quite good. I sold one to him a few years ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I would imagine Berneys would buy it back, there is always great demand for their 2nd hand saddles.

fits wrote: »
    Simon Porter is quite good. I sold one to him a few years ago.

Where is he based?

Dungarvan, Co. Kilkenny. Its not too far away from Gowran.

actually it might be more informative to say he is right beside the kilmanahan (hughes')cross country course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kick-on

i bought my bernie hunting sadle with a stubben girth,bridle , marthingale all the fellas rugsand his grooming kit for 350 a few yrs ago, i think i got a bargain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

I just got a jeffries elite dressae saddle, for 650 pounds sterling, they are 1,200 brand new, and this one looks its just off the shelf!

i was offered 450 euro for my berneys jumping saddle with a girth and leathers but no stirrups!

I'd never buy tack brand new again, its lke cars they depreciate so much!

Advertisement