Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: primary teaching

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am a mature student who just completed my BA degree at night in economics and history. I would love to get into primary school teaching but first of all need to do Irish. I was wondering if in the meantime would I be eligible to do sub teaching as a means of getting experience and also to see if I would actually like the job. I love children but have not had any experience teaching. My past work experience has included admin in banking and medical fields in the US and here.
    I would be grateful if anybody had any leads as to how I would go about getting into a school as a sub. Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Anne101 wrote: »
    I am a mature student who just completed my BA degree at night in economics and history. I would love to get into primary school teaching but first of all need to do Irish. I was wondering if in the meantime would I be eligible to do sub teaching as a means of getting experience and also to see if I would actually like the job. I love children but have not had any experience teaching. My past work experience has included admin in banking and medical fields in the US and here.
    I would be grateful if anybody had any leads as to how I would go about getting into a school as a sub. Thank you. :)

go to www.educationposts.ie and register with text-a-sub. when a subbing position becomes available you get a text but you need to be able to move quick. sometimes its first come first served because someone is out sick for two days. have your qualifications and garda clearance with
    you on the day you start.

messsage board on the site above has loads of stuff on subbing

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anne101

Thank you for your reply. I have gone to that website and there is a lot of information on it.

Advertisement