Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.T course Dublin Comptia A+

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for recommendations on Colleges that do this, any suggestions? This is my first I.T course, have used computers for few years so have an idea about them.
    ta, Rayoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think there is a IT certification sub forum on here somewhere. Cant for love nor money find it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

EDU>IT Cert

you should be able to pass this by just buying the book and having a read it's not very heavy and shouldn't need a course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I passed it without even reading the book. Its a bit easymode tbh. But handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

ntlbell wrote: »
    EDU>IT Cert

you should be able to pass this by just buying the book and having a read it's not very heavy and shouldn't need a course.

lol

Yes but will u be able to get a job with 50k a year + company car and a secretary after it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

There are online/Video Lectures you can get that are great for covering the courses. I find it a much better/easier and cheaper option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Zorba wrote: »
    lol

Yes but will u be able to get a job with 50k a year + company car and a secretary after it ?

It's possible but unlikely, I don't see what it has to do with anything tho?

You don't get the above with a comp sci degree why would you with A+

:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mike99

Just buy a few books and download a few samples tests from the internet and you should pass the A+ thats all I did for A+, iNet+ and Network+

Best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

As well as what the others have said about self-study,

get a couple of old machines and take them apart and rebuild them,

get yourself the various OS's and play around in them after reading the steps in the books.

You'll remember the info better if you get your hands dirty.

Advertisement