Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wolfmother Split Up

• 07-08-2008 12:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭

just found this on nme.com.
    Following rumours that the band had fallen out, Australian three-piece Wolfmother have issued a statement confirming that they have split up.

In the statement the band's record label, Universal Music Australia, said that their split was down to "longstanding frictions".

As previously reported on NME.COM, Wolfmother played a fraught headline set at the Splendour In The Grass festival on Sunday (August 3) in Byron Bay Australia, after which their manager said a statement about the band's status would be released soon.

Since then a press release from Universal Music Australia explained that bassist/keyboardist Chris Ross decided to leave the band "due to irreconcilable personal and musical differences" immediately following the performance.

The statement went on to explain that after Ross left the band drummer Myles Heskett decided he would rather leave Wolfmother than continue as part of a new line-up.

The duo have been writing songs together and, according to the statement, "plan to focus their energies on that new project in the future".

Frontman Andrew Stockdale, however, will continue under the Wolfmother moniker, and will be looking for new musicians to complete the band's line-up and begin work on a new album before the end of the year.

The statement finished asking fans to understand the reasons behind the split.

It read: "Andrew Stockdale, Myles Heskett and Chris Ross will make no public statements at this time except to say that they are each really looking forward to making their new music over the years ahead.

"In the meantime they simply ask all Wolfmother fans to please understand that in spite of their best efforts over a long period of time, they just could not find a harmonious way to work together and that has lead to the decisions announced today."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Thats a pity, they're pretty good compared to most stuff around now. Stockdale does most of the writing anyways so maybe not too big a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Mike Patton will be happy :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

malice_ wrote: »
    Mike Patton will be happy :).

Hahah brilliant ever if he does like a complete junkie in that clip what a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Alex Kidd

Saw these guys at ****** a couple of years ago, shame they're breaking up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i only got into them after they played ****** :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

Caught them in the Olympia, feckin lethal live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Van dammit! I was about to put the same Patton linky in :(

On Topic: Gonna go cry me back to sleep.....uh huh ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

chin_grin wrote: »
    Van dammit! I was about to put the same Patton linky in :(

On Topic: Gonna go cry me back to sleep.....uh huh ¬_¬
    Mike Patton's dislike for them is actually pretty much all I know about Wolfmother. I heard one of their songs ages ago and assumed it was Led Zepplin until I was corrected.

I think the key quote from the article is:
    Frontman Andrew Stockdale, however, will continue under the Wolfmother moniker, and will be looking for new musicians to complete the band's line-up and begin work on a new album before the end of the year.
    Essentially the drummer and the bassist have quit so the band will continue.

Advertisement