Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is the best car insurance company?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Anan1 wrote: »
    Company policy at Hibernian was decided by a person! Companies are not abstract entities, they are made up of people. Or is it the name 'Hibernian' that you have the problem with?
    I would disagree with this notion, anan. Hibernian is a registered company (actually a group of companies, but I digress). As such, it is a distinct legal entity. Hibernian is in turn owned by a publicly traded company, and as such, the people in charge are legally obliged to maximise the share price, not to do what they think is 'right'. If moving jobs to india can be proven to help the bottom line, that is what they HAVE to do.

For this reason, I can understand people taking their custom away from Hibernian, in order to demonstrate that such a move does not in fact increase their profits.
    Darragh29 wrote: »
    Here's the kernel of it for me... The person/people/board of people/whoever employed by Hibernian, decided that my money was not good enough for the company that they were employed by. Now, do you seriously expect me to give them my money now, because I have moved into an age catagory that they are not hostile towards??? You should play the ball and not the man my friend!

You seem to have taken it rather personally Darragh. I'm sure that they weren't 'hostile' to you. Their statistics suggested that you were a major risk, and that insuring you at a competitive price didn't make good business sense for them.

Would you have preferred that they gave you a quote that looked like a phone number? Or that they insured people at a loss and screwed their shareholders?

In summary, you're both wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beprint1

If you are a young driver with full or provisional license, Hibernian Direct run a driving course that will reduce your premium by a minimum 20%.

http://www.essentialcarcareforgirls.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭techdiver

Zube wrote: »
    Really? I've heard enough horror stories about Quinn that I don't even ask them for a quote.

In fairness to Quinn give the best rates to young drivers and aren't as selective as other companies.

Does risk equalization apply to the motor insurance industry or just the health insurance industry.

Maybe that would change things. Although it could change things for the worse. :rolleyes:

Advertisement